Benefits for creating an account
Creating an account at Wikitravel gives a bunch of benefits:
- Easier communication — you will receive others' comments on your personal talk page, even if your future visits are from another IP.
- Credit for your contributions — at the bottom of any article you edit.
- Build a reputation — allow other Wikitravellers to distinguish you from other anonymous users, and provide you with a greater level of trust.
- Watchlist — a list of pages for which you want to keep track of future changes -- including changes someone else makes in the future to the contributions you yourself made.
- Become a Wikitravel:Docent — if you know a destination(s) well and would like to share your knowledge.
- Preferences menu — customize your Wikitravel experience, including turning off advertising.