Wikitravel:Votes for deletion/June 2011
Archive for Wikitravel:Votes for deletion acted on in June 2011. If you can't find the chronicle that interests you here, try Wikitravel:Votes for deletion/May 2011 or Wikitravel:Votes for deletion/July 2011 for things that may have happened earlier or later, respectively.
 Towns of Rochdale
The Borough of Rochdale is not big or interesting enough to subdivide, itself being a part of Greater Manchester. These 6 town articles were created all at once today, and contain nothing worth merging.
- Redirect all to Rochdale - texugo 11:25, 25 June 2011 (EDT)
- Redirect all to Rochdale --Burmesedays 21:20, 25 June 2011 (EDT)
- Most of these places could probably have separate pages, the problem is there is almost no information there (with the exception of Blackrod). Are Rochdale, Bury and Bolton intended to be about districts, with separate pages for the towns in them, or are they about the towns, with separate pages for other towns in the districts? 188.8.131.52 16:55, 2 July 2011 (EDT)
- Redirect Milnrow and Wardle to Rochdale, Tottington to Bury, and Blackrod to Bolton - these are small towns, villages or suburbs. 184.108.40.206 17:27, 2 July 2011 (EDT)
- Until lots of confusing recent edits by one user, it was very clear that the Bury, Rochdale and Bolton articles were about the respective towns, not the council districts. Quite correctly, we do not sub-regionalise Greater Manchester or Lancashire. This point has been made at Talk:Lancashire and on the user talk page of the editor who is creating this confusion. --Burmesedays 22:57, 2 July 2011 (EDT)
- Outcome. All redirected. --Burmesedays 03:01, 14 July 2011 (EDT)
This article may be a hoax. If it is not then it certainly appears to be of very limited benefit to the traveller. I came upon it today when tracking one of the West Bengal Sleep listing scammers. The sole Sleep listing was for Hotel Sonarbangla Resorts, this is a hotel located a few km from Digha and Mandamoni in Balisai, West Bengal on the opposite side of India. It also lists some temple attractions to be found in the region around Ahmedabad which is in the general region described. Detailed searches for the locality turn up several rather non-noteworthy locations that may match the supposed place, one of them is partly submerged in what appears to be a lake bed used for agricultural purposes.
A prior Sleep listing described an accommodation provider named as Safarsonhee, that listing used a number 90spamfilter51115228 listed to Safarsongee Tours & Travels, Kolkata, Telephone: (033) 4004spamfilter8685, 90spamfilter51115228, Address: 9B, Esplanade , Kolkata-700069, West Bengal. The Hotel Amorabati-Bakkhali has also frequently been listed to 90spamfilter51115228 on travel websites.
Searches for Tajpur in Prantij, Gujarat, India turn up what appears to be a semi submerged field in the middle of a lake. Another drops us into the Sabar Institute of Management, on highway 8 (Sabar Institute of Management. Tajpur, NH 8, Gujarat 383205, India +91 2770 255 132). Another search turns up a small hamlet with a sand drift covered asphalt road passing through it and next to a dry river bed (it may be seasonal), Tajpur, Gujarat, India is also a dry lake bed in the middle of some fields and scattered dwellings. Someone is having a lend of us here I think. I would hazard a guess that the perpetrator may have studied at the Sabar School of Management and has moved on to a carreer as a West Bangali accommodation listing scammer. -- felix 09:31, 16 June 2011 (EDT)
- Delete I have tidied up the article but frankly I think it is a load of nonsense and is of no worth to the traveller, I suggest that it should be deleted asap. felix 09:31, 16 June 2011 (EDT)
- Delete. The Indian scams we have had to deal with here make others look like complete beginners.--Burmesedays 23:50, 16 June 2011 (EDT)
- Delete. This is an ad for a tour company, which per Wikitravel:What is an article is out of scope. The information can be condensed into a single non-touty listing and included in the appropriate article for the city which the company operates out of. While normally this would be a speedy delete candidate, I'm posting here in the hope of catching the contributor's attention. -- Ryan • (talk) • 02:18, 1 July 2011 (EDT)
- Speedied - The vfd tag was removed and further edits were being made, so I deleted it. texugo 02:19, 2 July 2011 (EDT)
- Reef_Ryder_Island is from the same user, similar content. I did not vfd it, just commented on user talk page. Pashley 02:27, 2 July 2011 (EDT)
- There. I have speedied that one as well. texugo 02:35, 2 July 2011 (EDT)
 More tiny UK towns
Nothing useful in any of these. I'd say delete all, but if there's a worthwhile redirect target, that's good too. -- D. Guillaime 20:19, 27 June 2011 (EDT)
- Comment. South Ribble is not a town at all, it is a council borough. As we do not (nor should we) sub-regionalise Lancashire, it should be redirected to Lancashire. The other 3 villages are all in close proximity to Preston (a fairly major town) and can be redirected there.--Burmesedays 05:25, 30 June 2011 (EDT)
- South Ribble should be redirected to Lancashire. Penwortham is a town, but it is more like a suburb of Preston - redirect to Preston. Longton and Hutton could be redirected to Preston, as they are near enough, but there are other places with the same names - there is a Longton in Stoke-on-Trent. 220.127.116.11 17:06, 2 July 2011 (EDT)
- Outcome. All redirected as above.--Burmesedays 05:04, 14 July 2011 (EDT)
A temple in India. –sumone10154 18:54, 19 April 2011 (EDT)
I don't see any content, and a Google image search doesn't produce much. Unless a lot of content is put in soon, I vote to delete. Ikan Kekek 02:33, 24 April 2011 (EDT)
- Delete - Content or not, it's an attraction, not a destination. texugo 09:16, 25 April 2011 (EDT)
- Re-direct to Garhwal where it is mentioned as an other destination (but ought to be in See/Do) --Burmesedays 09:34, 25 April 2011 (EDT).
- Delete - Purely advertising. Ikan Kekek 18:29, 12 May 2011 (EDT)
- Speedied - texugo 12:17, 14 May 2011 (EDT)
- Delete - Spam article and not related to travel or such. SnappyHip 22:59, 14 May 2011 (PDT)
- Dont really get this one. Could be an argument to keep it as an itinerary or merge as a short paragraph into Lancashire. --Burmesedays 06:39, 20 May 2011 (EDT)
- Delete - It is not written as an itinerary page. texugo 07:23, 20 May 2011 (EDT)
- Delete. --Burmesedays 12:40, 3 June 2011 (EDT)
- Delete. Sits somewhere between soapboxing and a hoax. 18.104.22.168 15:23, 14 June 2011 (EDT)
- Outcome - Deleted. --Burmesedays 10:57, 17 June 2011 (EDT)
- Delete. A list of temples. --Burmesedays 05:33, 24 May 2011 (EDT)
- Devil's advocate: Could this be rescued as an itinerary? Ikan Kekek 19:51, 24 May 2011 (EDT)
- Delete, unless someone volunteers to do so. texugo 21:35, 24 May 2011 (EDT)
Looks like a rather thorough but benign misunderstanding of the Wikitravel purpose. Content describes a rental apartment in Budapest.