[[wts:Wikitravel Shared:Travellers' pub]]
[[wts:Wikitravel Shared:Travellers' pub]]
Revision as of 17:11, 2 September 2014
The Travellers' pub is the place to ask questions when you're confused, lost, afraid, tired, annoyed, thoughtful, or helpful. Please check the FAQ and Help page before asking a question, though, since that may save your time and others'.
Please add new questions at the bottom of the page and sign your post by appending four tildes (~~~~) to it, but otherwise plunge forward!
Please sweep the pub
Keeping the Pub clean is a group effort. If we have too many conversations on this page, it will get too noisy and hard to read. If you see an old conversation (i.e. dormant for a month or more) that could or should be moved to another page, please do so, and note there that it has been swept in from the pub.
- A question regarding a destination article should be swept to that article's discussion page
- A discussion regarding a policy or the subject of an expedition can be swept to that policy or expedition discussion page
- A simple question asked by a user can be swept to that user's talk page, but consider if the documentation needs a quick update to make it clearer for the next user with the same question.
- A pointer to a discussion going on elsewhere, such as a notice of a star nomination or or a request to comment on another talk page, can be removed when it is two months old. Any discussion that occurred in the pub can be swept to where the main discussion took place.
Any discussions that do not fall into any of these categories, and are not of any special importance for posterity, should be archived to Wikitravel:Travellers' pub/Archives and removed from here. If you are not sure where to put a discussion, leave it alone—it's better to spend your efforts on those that you do know where to place.
I've noticed on articles about countries that might be hostile to LGBT people, it only focuses on people in the LGB. I'm ftm transgender and am on hormones - while my identifications would say I'm female, I have a deep voice and very male appearance. If I were to travel to, for example, the United Arab Emirates, what would be expected of me in terms of dress? Would I face any sort of persecution?
22.214.171.124 14:41, 7 August 2014 (EDT)
- Good question I think that information like this is omitted solely because of ignorance: it's just hard to say. One way to find out is to call an embassy. Are you asking hypothetically or are you actually planning on traveling internationally? Koavf (talk) 17:41, 7 August 2014 (EDT)
- Right now it's hypothetical, but travelling is one of my biggest wishes, especially the Middle East. I'm still in highschool at the moment, so it would probably not be for a while. I have seen a few things, mostly on European articles, and the embassy thing is a good idea. Thank you for your response! 126.96.36.199 13:58, 8 August 2014 (EDT)
- Follow-up Please let me know what you find and share it with others! Koavf (talk) 01:04, 9 August 2014 (EDT)
I am comfusing about to leave some information on wikitravel. I want to put it in Sangkhlaburi travel guide page.
(external links removed) —The preceding comment was added by Muddy (talk • contribs)
- Hi, thanks for your question. On wikitravel we don´t add links to secondary sources and to general tour booking sites, so your links would not be allowed. If you are knowledgeable about Sangkhlaburi please share your knowledge in the article (original content). If any further questions, please let us know. We are looking forward to your edits. Thanks! Adzas (talk) 10:05, 27 August 2014 (EDT)
Sea Beach Rampueng
I have just added this page to Wikitravel, but there is nowhere in it where I can add hotels.
Also the country up top did not appear.
Did I screw up something?
Please make this possible.
Also, this place, which is quite an increasingly popular destination for Farangs wanting to escape the bargirl scene of Pattaya, is known by several names
1) Sea Beach Rampueng
2) Mae Ram Pueng Beach
3) Mae Rampueng Beach
4) Had Mae Rampueng
5) Sea Beach Rampueng
Can you please make it redirectable from just any enquiry containing "Rampueng" please? —The preceding comment was added by Avemario (talk • contribs)
- Hello Avemario, thanks for your message and the creation of the Sea Beach Rampueng article. As you created a region article, there is no sleep section, as accommodation listings would need to be mentioned in the respective location articles. Which city does the beach belong to? Are there actually shops, hotels and other things to see here or is it just a beach? I believe it is close by Rayong and Ban Phe, where the beach is also mentioned already, so I´m not sure if this beach should have its own article. I don´t know the region, so please advise so we can decide what to do. Thanks again for your great work! Adzas (talk) 18:47, 30 August 2014 (EDT)
OK, I see the problem.
It is really a "town" in its own right. It is the same as Ban Phe is to Rayong City.
There are numerous hotels and shops here.
So what is the best option?
Delete it and I rewrite it as a town? —The preceding comment was added by Avemario (talk • contribs)
- Hi, no need to delete the article, I will change the template to a small city template so you can add your information ok? Thanks again! Adzas (talk) 06:30, 31 August 2014 (EDT)
Wikitravel statistics page? To check page views etc.?
I'm new. I was looking for a feature that shows individual page views / counts for single Wikitravel guides, sorted by dates or time spans. Something like this or this for Wikimedia projects. Any idea? All I could find is this static page. Thank you and all the best, Oibalos (talk) 13:07, 2 September 2014 (EDT)