When giving times and dates, such as for opening and closing times of attractions, restaurants and bars, use the following format.
Use the format of 10:30AM-5PM. It can be assumed that time is in the local timezone.
Use noon and midnight, not 12AM or 12PM.
- Decimals not used when not required, eg not 5:00PM.
- Where decimals are required, colon used as the separator, eg not 5.30PM or 5-30PM.
- Spaces and periods (fullstops) left out, eg not 10:30 A.M. – 5 P.M.
- 12-hour format rather than 24-hour format, eg 5PM, not 1700.
Abbreviate to the minimum number of letters, ie M Tu W Th F Sa Su.
- Spell out when it is part of a named day, eg Good Friday, Fat Tuesday.
- If it looks odd or ambiguous in a particular context, spell it out.
This is a stub. See the Talk page for a fuller draft up for discussion.