Wikitravel:Swedish Wikitravel Expedition
Swedish Wikitravel Expedition is an expedition to create a Swedish version of Wikitravel. The primary goal is to provide travel guides in the Swedish language, since many swedes think it's more comfortable that way. Promoting a Swedish Wikitravel-version has alredy begun on the Swedish Wikipedia!
This Expedition has the following goals:
- To collect a good base of Swedish-speaking users willing to take this project further.
- To choose a go-between who can keep users on the English-language site up-to-date on developments on Swedish Wikitravel, and vice-versa
- To translate the interface files for Wikitravel into Swedish
- To launch the new Swedish-language Wikitravel.
- To translate the pages and create the infrastructure necessary to make Swedish Wikitravel useful and friendly for new Swedish-speaking contributors.
- To make Swedish Wikitravel an integrated part of the Wikitravel family.
If you speak Swedish and feel like a Swedish Wikitravel is something you will contribute to, please sign here. We need at least five contributors to set up a site.
- Väsk 00:22, 9 Aug 2004 (EDT)
- Alers 02:28, 9 Aug 2004 (EDT)
- Softssa 04:05, 9 Aug 2004 (EDT)
- Lamré 06:21, 9 Aug 2004 (EDT)
- Elinnea 11:20, 11 Aug 2004 (EDT)
- PerSvensson 06:02, 22 Aug 2004 (EDT)
The language interface file for Swedish is at Wikitravel:LanguageSv.php. It's started with the Wikipedia Swedish language file; it needs to be customized to work for Wikitravel. Compare Wikitravel:Language.php for the changes needed for English Wikitravel.
The main changes needed are the name of the site (Wikipedia -> Wikitravel), the name and link to the license, and the names of some important pages.