This is where we determine whether an article is ready for be classified as Star status. Even though the criteria are fairly objective, it's good to get some additional eyes to look over a page and confirm that it's ready before elevating it to Star. For reference, here's the general description, from Wikitravel:Article status:
The article is essentially complete. It meets all of the above criteria. It follows the manual of style exactly or is the exception that proves the rule. Prose is not only near-perfect grammatically but also tight, effective, and enjoyable. It has appropriate illustrations, such as photos and a map. Enough breadth and depth of material is presented that anyone familiar with the subject of the article would have little to point out as absent. Future changes to this kind of article would reflect changes in the subject (e.g. a museum closes, a hotel price changes, a new airport is built) more than they'd require improvements in the coverage.
Objective criteria for Star status varies depending on the kind of article it is. For more concrete guidance on this, see:
- Wikitravel:City guide status
- Wikitravel:Region guide status
- Wikitravel:Country guide status
- Wikitravel:Itinerary status
- Wikitravel:Travel topic status
- Wikitravel:Phrasebook status
You can nominate any article you think is ready (though it probably ought to be already established as Guide-quality). If there are other nominations on this page, add yours to the bottom of the page. The basic format of a nomination is as follows:
===[[Article name]]=== This has everything we're looking for, plus a swell kitchen sink. ~~~~
Please comment on whether you agree that the nominated article is ready, with a bullet point (*) and your signed opinion. If you think it's ready, a simple "Support" will do. If not, explain what you think is missing or not up to standards.
===[[Article name]]=== This has everything we're looking for, plus a swell kitchen sink. TravelNut 25:25, 31 Feb 2525 (EDT) * The sink isn't properly formatted, and there are no "budget" places to sleep. ~~~~
The threshold for establishing a consensus has not been determined yet.
Nominations for Star status
Pretty comprehensive overall coverage of the activity from the point of view of an interested traveller considering learning to dive and beginning divers thinking of organising a dive holiday (it's probably actually the case that there may be two articles in there: Scuba diving destinations, and Scuba diving overview for travellers -- both of which examples show that I should not be naming articles!). Hypatia 00:49, 31 May 2006 (EDT)
- 1) A map pinpointing the most popular dive destinations might help out the geopolitically challenged who don't know where, say, Thailand or Malta is. 2) I think you may be right that this is more than one article. There's a lot here, and either splitting it up and editing it down to cover just the most-travel-related aspects would help. - 19:56, 31 May 2006 (EDT)
- Support. I've never been scuba diving, but I definately could go ahead and start my own scuba diving school with this article. - Andrew Haggard (Sapphire) 09:07, 9 June 2006 (EDT)
- Support. The article definitely meets the criteria for star article.