Wikitravel:Romanian Wikitravel Expedition
The Romanian Wikitravel Expedition is an expedition to create a Romanian language version of Wikitravel which would effectively be the first multilingual version of Wikitravel.
Wikitravel needs to change from an English-language site to one that is multilingual. This will not only create a better, more comprehensive travel guide, it will attract and encourage more and more contributors. Also, Wikipedia, and now Wiktionary and Wikiquote, are doing the same.
The Romanian Wikitravel has the following goals:
- To collect a good base of Romanian users willing to take this project further
- To translate and localize the English Wikitravel into Romanian.
- To create quality articles that will appeal to Romanian travellers.
- To link these articles to English versions and create an integrated multilingual Wikitravel.
- To empower other language groups to form their own Wikitravel.
- To contribute to English Wikitravel with quality articles about Romania.
Localization has already been done - see the file LanguageRo.php. If you speak Romanian, you can correct the file if there are any mistakes - just list your name below that you're willing to help, so we know who edited the file.
See also Wikitravel:Language version policy for more information about the procedure of forming a Romanian Wikitravel.
To get this project started, we need at least 5 Romanian-speaking users willing to contribute to Romanian Wikitravel.
Please add your name below, by editing this page, if you support this project. You must have a valid user account with Wikitravel.
I agree to forming the Romanian Wikitravel and am willing to contribute:
Ronline 04:00, 20 Dec 2003 (PST)
Danutz 04:08, 20 Dec 2003 (PST)
Snitz 23:10, 20 Dec 2003 (PST) (great idea! I'm willing to translate articles from English to Romanian Wikitravel, and to help with the set-up as well)
After we have gathered a team of five or more users for Romanian Wikitravel, the interface localization file will be checked for correctness, and then we will vote for a go-between.