This page lists previous collaborations for the current year.
High profile Collaborations
Collaborations that later became destination of the month
List: article name, date it was CotW, number of edits during CotW week, article status at the start of the collaboration; and article status at the end of the collaboration, month it was DotM.
- Cambridge: 18 March - 24 March 2007: 10 edits by 4 authors, Guide to Guide: DOTM May 2007
Collaborations that later became Off the beaten path
List: article name, date it was CotW, number of edits during CotW week, article status at the start of the collaboration; and article status at the end of the collaboration, month it was OtBP.
- Hoi An: CotW 19 December 2006 - 25 December 2006: 11 edits by 2 authors, Guide to Guide : OtBP February 2007
Collaborations that later became Star articles
February 2009 - Mexico City
There is loads of great content in this huge city compilation, and (unlike most half-finished huge city articles) has an excellent district structure, but the districting job was left only half done. A CotM might be able to get the articles into DotM shape. Additionally, Wikitravel's Latin America coverage is pretty shoddy (especially outside Brazil), so it would be good to make this a flagship of sorts. Since the content is mostly there, it would be an ideal CotM—one for which contributors could mos one subsection of an article on any given day.
- Finish moving listings to districts — there aren't actually that many to do, and some basic google maps reference should allow anyone to do five or so per day in about 15 minutes
- Listingify all the listings — another task that anyone can do in small quantities spread out over the month. There are a ton of listings that need this, but doing so will make it more obvious which fields are missing.
- Fill in basic details for listings (addresses, addresses, addresses) — another simple task when done in small doses by many contributors, but difficult for one person to tackle throughout so many articles
- Replace moved listings from the main article with prose — here's the difficult part; I'll volunteer to do the heavy lifting
- Scour flickr for more photos — another basic task made much easier when many people each do a small amount of work. Just take a glance over articles for interesting things, then search flickr for them.
- I'd support it, looks like a solid Cotm. I don't know if I can help much, but I'd try. What month were you thinking Peter, Jan? Feb? Keep smilin,edmontonenthusiast [ee] .T.A.L.K. 18:55, 22 December 2008 (EST).
56 edits in February, not all of them relevant (i.e., some vandalism & reversions). All said, though, that's a tolerable number compared to most previous collaborations (remembering that most previous collaborations lasted only one week). The majority of the edits came within the first week, while interest seemed to falter pretty quickly after that. The front page link appeared to attract a trickle of anonymous contributions throughout the month. Progress was made, but none of the listed tasks were completed. A special thanks to registered users who worked on this collaboration: User:2old, User:Fabz, User:PerryPlanet, User:Peterfitzgerald, and User:Vidimian. --Peter Talk 15:49, 4 March 2009 (EST)