Wikitravel:Portuguese Wikitravel Expedition
this page intends to gather efforts in making a portuguese version of wikitravel. Until the version is created, all discussions should be in english, so others wikitravellers may join the discussion
Portuguese (português) is a Romance language spoken in various countries, including Portugal, Brazil, Angola, Mozambique and East Timor. With more than 200 million native speakers, Portuguese is the fifth or sixth most popular mother-tongue language in the world, and the second Romance language, outnumbered only by Spanish, and one of the few languages spoken all over the world.
Total speakers: 202.7 Million - 209.4 Million1
Make a local travel guide for portuguese, brazilians and any other portuguese speakers. We are not against international travels, but we believe that that information would fit better in the international (english) wikitravel.
Why not translate also the name.
- because that would require a dedicated server
- to reinforce and join forces in the brand wikitravel
- because wikiviagem could be interpreted as 'wee, what a travel' , wikiviajante seems 'wow, what a traveller' and also both names are ugly.
See the Language version policy for see what it takes to start our own wikitravel
Gather a minimun team
Member who would gadly like to contribute:
Translate those pages
many of those pages can be copyed from [| portuguese wikipedia]
- Wikitravel:about to Wikitravel pt:Sobre
- Wikitravel:FAQ to Wikitravel pt:Perguntas frequentes
- Wikitravel:copyleft to Wikitravel pt:copyleft
- Main Page to Wikitravel pt:Página Principal
- Wikitravel:help to Wikitravel pt:Ajuda
- Wikitravel:policies and guidelines to ...?
- Wikitravel:manual of style to Wikitravel pt:manual de estilo
- Wikitravel:welcome, newcomers to Wikitravel pt:Bem-cindo novos membros