Wikitravel:French Wikitravel Expedition
The French Wikitravel Expedition is an expedition to create a French language version of Wikitravel which would effectively be the second multilingual version of Wikitravel.
For more information on Multilingual Wikitravel Policy, see Wikitravel:Language version policy.
French is an important international language, being spoken in not only France and neighboring Switzerland and Belgium, but also Québec, several African countries, Laos, and some islands in Polynesia. A travel guide in French will make the world more accessible to Francophones.
The French Wikitravel has the following goals:
- To collect a good base of French users willing to take this project further
- To translate and localize the English Wikitravel into French.
- To create quality articles that will appeal to Francophone travellers, wherever they come from.
- To link these articles to English and Romanian versions and create an integrated multilingual Wikitravel.
- To empower other language groups to form their own Wikitravel.
- To contribute to English Wikitravel with quality articles about France, Switzerland, Québec, and anywhere else French is spoken.
See also Wikitravel:Language version policy for more information about the procedure of forming a French Wikitravel.
To get this project started, we need at least 5 French-speaking users willing to contribute to French Wikitravel.
Please add your name below, by editing this page, if you support this project. You must have a valid user account with Wikitravel.
I agree to forming the French Wikitravel and am willing to contribute:
Pierre Abbat 17:07, 22 Dec 2003 (PST)
After we have gathered a team of five or more users for French Wikitravel, the interface localization file will be translated (or modified from the one on Wikipedia), checked for correctness, and then we will vote for a go-between.