This is the old page for bug reports for the Wikitravel installation of Mediawiki 1.6.8 (see Special:Version). Bugs that have been verified as fixed already are under Wikitravel:Fixed bugs. For older bug reports, see the Wikitravel:bug report archives. For new ideas, try Wikitravel:Feature requests.
New bugs should be reported on the Technical requests page on Wikitravel Shared.
Not shown as logged in if JS is turned off
nl's main page
I have just dropped by the Main page of Dutch Wikitravel (nl:Hoofdpagina) and it's apparently showing the page's printable version instead of the "normal" version. Ricardo (Rmx) 22:25, 30 July 2006 (EDT)
- Thanks for the heads up... I just took a look and all the other language versions seem fine, as well as all the other pages in nl... weirdness. Maj 00:11, 31 July 2006 (EDT)
- How's it look now? It didn't look like it should have two minutes ago, but it looks perfectly fine in my browser now. -- Andrew Haggard (Sapphire) 00:38, 31 July 2006 (EDT)
- Err, it looks fine now... not that that makes it any less weird, but I guess I can go to sleep now. Maj 00:40, 31 July 2006 (EDT)
- Did you do anything? The only I thing that I did was log in, went to the recent changes page attempted a revert, then the main page was showing properly so I took the opportunity to purge the cache. If that makes any sense - it doesn't to me. -- Andrew Haggard (Sapphire) 00:45, 31 July 2006 (EDT)
- Just thought I'd let you know that I had the exact same problem in the en version a second ago. I deleted the temporary internet files and it refreshed the page and it's fine now... Don't know if theres something up with that, but I thought Id let you all know about it. -- Tim 04:51, 8 August 2006 (EDT)
Sorry! We could not process your edit
Whenever I try to edit, I get an error message saying
Sorry! We could not process your edit due to a loss of session data. Please try again. If it still doesn't work, try logging out and logging back in.
This does not stop me from editing or saving. I have set the "Show preview before edit box" option in my preferences, so it shows me a preview when I edit anything. Others might not see the same error. — Ravikiran 04:31, 31 July 2006 (EDT)
- That usually happens when you've taken a long time between starting an edit and saving it. I'm not sure why it's there, but I'm sure there's a good reason for it. B-) Is it happening even for very short edits? --Evan 23:37, 11 August 2006 (EDT)
"Protect" and "Delete" tag
Some of my authorized functions as an administrator (ja:) seems malfunctioning. When I am trying to use the "Protect" function and click the tag, the name of the article changes to a garbage character (e.g. "釜ヶ崎" to "釜ヶ崁Eaction=protect"), and can not protect the article. And this is often the case with "Delete" function. Would you check the systems and correct them? Shoestring 23:14, 11 August 2006 (EDT)
(Addition) The article which has some namespace (such as Help:編集の仕方) is also undeletable. In order to avoid further vandalism, I tried to protect this article temporary and click the "Protect" tug of this article. It seemed to work, but actually the Main page had protected instead.--Shoestring 20:37, 12 August 2006 (EDT)
- Oddly enough my functions work fine. I think Shoestring has had the same problem ever since the database conversion thingy way back... Jpatokal 03:01, 12 August 2006 (EDT)
- Sorry but I don't know much about the technology, so I have no idea whether I can answer your question properly. Browser? My Internet browser is quite common..., the Microsoft Internet Explorer (probably 6, not at least 7). And the version of Java is JRE 1.5.0_06 (property says so). Umm, but I don't think its not enough..., what kind of information do I have to give you? --Shoestring 23:39, 12 August 2006 (EDT)