Revision as of 05:48, 5 March 2011 by Texugo
Using abbreviations for commonly known titles is encouraged. The abbreviations used should be uniform.
Some country abbreviations include periods while others do not.
- United States of America - should be abbreviated as U.S. with periods, not U.S.A. or US.
- United Kingdom - should be abbreviated as UK without periods, not U.K. or GB.
Streets and roads
- Street is St
- Avenue is Ave
- Drive is Dr
- Court is Ct
- Road is Rd
- Boulevard is Blvd
- Freeway is Fwy
- Highway is Hwy
- Jalan is Jl (Road in Indonesia)
Days of the week
In listings, the days of the week should be abbreviated:
- Days should be M Tu W Th F Sa Su, times should be 12 hour time, AM or PM.
- kilometre or kilometres is km
- Celsius is °C
- Fahrenheit is °F