Westport is a town in the SouthCoast region of Massachusetts along the border of Rhode Island. Largely a residential and farming community, Horseneck Beach and Westport River provide beauty and recreation, favored by cyclists for long, quiet, uninterrupted rides through wooded areas and scenic landscapes. Many businesses close for the cold, wet Massachusetts winters, but it’s an ideal place to spend sunny summer days in the country and on the coast. Westport includes the village of North Westport.
- Logan International Airport (BOS) in Boston and T.F. Green Airport in Warwick (Rhode Island) are the two closest major airports, both between 45 minutes to an hour and fifteen minutes away, by car.
- Westport is reached via Interstate 195 to Route 88 at Exit 10. Routes 6 and 177 also serve the town.
- Harbormaster, VHF Channel 16.
- Westport Rivers Vineyard & Winery, 417 Hixbridge Road, Phone: +1 508-636-3423, . Daily 11AM-5PM, tours Sa,Su 1PM,3PM. $7 wine tasting w/ etched glass.
- Art Stable Gallery , 865 Main Road (Behind Partners Store), Phone: + 1 (781) 801-2039. Website: . Closed for the winter, handicap parking accessible, smoking okay. Rustic little gallery full of art with character from local artists, located right next to Dedee Shattuck Gallery and Partners, which invites you to easily visit and enjoy all three while you’re there.
- Dedee Shattuck Gallery, 865 Main Road (behind Partners Store), Phone: +1 508-636-4177. Website: . Closed for the winter, reopening April 3rd 2013. Summer Hours: Tues-Sat 10a – 5p, Sun 12p – 5p. Handicap parking/ wheelchair accessible. Bright, open floor plan illuminated by the natural light from the many picture windows. Paintings, tapestries, auctions, and more.
- Horseneck Beach State Reservation, Route 88 to John Reed Road, Phone: +1 508-636-8816, . Over 600 acres of barrier beach and salt marsh, this 2 mi. (3.2 km) long beach is often breezy with surf. It is an excellent place for walks and birding. Views of the Elizabeth Islands.Bathrooms and concessions, and volleyball courts available. Popular beach, so the area closest to the parking lot gets crowded on hot days, but generally when this happens there’s stretches of unoccupied beach if you care to take a short walk past the sand dunes to the right of the volleyball courts.
- Osprey Sea Kayak Adventures, 489 Old County Road, Phone: +1 508-636-0300, . Sits on the bank of the east branch of the Westport River, where they offer kayaking lessons, nature tours, adventure trips. Buy and rent equipment. Repair and service center, including drysuit repairs.
- Partners Village Store and Kitchen, 865 Main Road, Phone +1 508-636-2572. Website: www.partnerswillagestore.com . Open Daily 9:30 a- 5p. Free wifi. Bathroom very clean and open to public. Charming store fully stocked with unique goods – great place to buy gifts for loved ones. Home décor, kitchen ware, pet care, gardening tools and accessories, handmade candies, stuffed animals, toys, cards and stationery, games and crafts. Rows of books for all ages, including books on local Massachusetts and Rhode Island history and by local authors. Book signings hosted here, audio books available for rent.
- Partners Store and Kitchen, café adjoining the store (see BUY for contact information). Café open daily 9:30 a – 4 p. Free wifi. Cute place to eat and read inside the store, can also eat on the shaded porch outside overlooking the scenic Westport landscape, or enjoy your lunch on some picnic tables in the grassy sunshine. Excellent sandwiches, salads, wraps, prepared in front of you by friendly staff – can see into the clean kitchen. Baked goods, beverages including specialty sodas and organic coffee available. Soup and pantry items like jam, dressing, etc also available to take home in this part of the store. Pricing is relatively expensive, (i.e. $9.00 for a sandwich) but you can taste the quality.
- The Back Eddy, 1 Bridge Road, Phone: +1 508-636-6500, .Closed for the winter. Serves locally and freshly caught seafood. Bar with an extensive enough drinks menu. Rooms and restaurant available for private rent. Sits on the water, can enjoy drinks and a sunset on the porch. Gets loud and crowded with long waits in the summer, service is generally shaky. Definitely pricey, especially for a local joint with a casual atmosphere (around $10 appetizers, $20+ entrees, $7 desserts).
- Handy Hill Creamery, 55 Hix Bridge Road at Rt. 88, Phone: +1 508-636-8888. Summer only. Ice cream/clam cakes, etc.
- The Bayside Restaurant, 1253 Horseneck Road, Phone: +1 508-636-5882, . Daily in summer, M-F 11AM-9PM, Sa,Su 8AM-9PM. Dine inside or out. American, seafood. COnveniently located near Horseneck Beach, a popular place to eat after a day on the beach. Can be crowded in the summer, but it's one of the few places that stay open in the winter. Can have drinks outside while waiting to be seated. Rustic, beachy atmosphere. Moderate to high pricing.
- "Ten Cousins Brick Oven, 977 Main Road, Phone: +1 774-264-9700, [http://www.lafrancehospitality.com/ten-cousins-brick-oven} M-W 3PM-9PM. Newly Built 2012. Large variety of specialty pizzas cooked in a wood-burning oven and many different appetizers. Clean, well-lit, homey atmosphere - like being at your mom's house. A casual family restaurant with a small bar. Live entertainment on Fridays and Saturdays at 6.
- Marguerites, 778 Main Road Village Commons Plaza, "+1 508-636- 3040, [www.margueritesrestaurant.com]
M-Th 7:30AM-8PM, F-Sa 7:30AM-8:30PM, A seafood restaurant located in Central Village. It is best to call ahead and make a reservation, otherwise the wait will be long. Quaint atmosphere, floorplan a little crowded.
- Wood's Farm, 17 Adamsville Road, +1 508-636-2139, M-Su 1PM-9PM Ice cream and frozen yogurt, in cone or bowl. Great flavors, good prices, satisfying portions. Sit at picnic tables, under trees, or by the goat pen. Pet and feed goats.
- Village Pizza, 760 Main Rd. Phone: +1 (508) 636-8757. Closed Mondays, Sun-Fri 11a-9p, Sat 11a – 9:30p. Pizza and Subs. Small hole-in-the-wall kind of place, excellent freshly-made food, and really friendly staff, especially the owner, who is there nearly every day. Call ahead, dine in, or take out. Can eat outside at some picnic tables on sunny days.
- Buzzards Bay Brewing, 98 Horseneck Rd, Phone:508-636-2288, . Thursday-Saturday 11AM-5PM. Tours on Sa, Su. Tastings and slaes of their award winning lagers and ales.
- Bud's by the Beach, 9 Bridge Rd, ☎ 5086365333, . 11AM-7PM. Fresh local seafood fish and chip restaurant. Sells everything from lobster rolls, clam rolls, clam cakes, and own fish tacos. $3-13.
- Best Western Dartmouth Inn, 737 State Road (exit 11 from I-195), ☎ 508-717-0424, . checkin: 4 PM; checkout: 11 AM. $99 - $149.
- Harbor Inn, 23 Acoaxet Rd., Phone: +1 508-636-5915, ]. Ten rooms, seasonal. Beach.
- Country View Motel, 1344 Main Rd., Phone: +1 508-636-2281.
- Hampton Inn, 53 Old Bedford Rd., Phone: +1 508-675-8500. $130 a night. Free wifi, complimentary breakfast. Will provide anything by way of toiletries if asked.
- Paquachuck Inn, 2056 Main Rd., Phone: +1 508-636-4398. Website:  B&B open year round. Located on the water at Westport point, very scenic. Most rooms have a view of the water. One bathroom per floor. Facilities for events like weddings and corporate meetings available for rent.
- Westport Camping Grounds, 346 Old County Road, Phone: +1 508-636-2555. 25 sites.
- Take the route 88 to the I-195 to get to either T.F. Green or Boston Logan Internation airport.Little Compton and Tiverton are the neighboring Rhode Island Towns west of Westport, Dartmouth, MA borders Westport to the east. If you’re not done touring this area, Adamsville, and Tiverton have similar attractions valued for their historical richness.