Westminster is the county seat of Carrol County in Central Maryland.
By air: BWI International Airport is about 30 minutes away from town, and is served via several major carriers to cities within the United States and Europe. Also, Hagerstown regional airport is roughly 45 minutes away and offers commercial flights as well. Carroll County Regional Airport right in Westminster, does not offer commercial service.
By Car: Westminster is easilly accesible by Rt. 140.
To get around Westminster, a small bus service "CATS" (Carroll Area Transit System) occasionally runs through town, but it can be a little hard to find. So the best way to go is to rent a car. Enterprise rent-a-cars are availible.
- Carroll County Farm Museum, (From points South - Take I-95 North to I-695 West. Take exit 19 off of I-695. This will put you on I-795 expressway. Take exit 9B which is MD 140 West. Stay on 140 for approximately 9 miles. From points north - Take I-95 South to I-695 West. Take exit 19 off of I-695. This will put you on I-795 expressway. Take exit 9B which is MD 140 West. Stay on 140 for approximately 9 miles.), ☎ 410-386-3880. The Carroll County Farm Museum, located in Westminster, Maryland, provides the public with the opportunity to experience mid-nineteenth Century rural life. The Carroll County Farm Museum, the first of its kind in Maryland, opened its doors to the public for the first time on August 13, 1966. The Museum grounds include original farm structures, such as the Farmhouse, built in 1852-53, and a bank barn. Other buildings include a Smokehouse, Broom Shop, Saddlery, Springhouse, Living History Center, Wagon Shed, General Store exhibit, and a One-room Schoolhouse. Period artifacts and antiques complete the rural experience for visitors.
- FUNtopia (The Family Funtopia), 77 John St. (Between Main St. and Rt. 140), ☎ 443-293-7839, . 10-5. The Family Funtopia, or "Funtopia" for short, is an educational play place for the entire family. Offering a variety of fun-filled activities with hands-on exhibits that provide your child with hours of educational fun. Providing creative and stimulating activities when kids are at Funtopia they do exactly what they were born to do - PLAY! $6.
- Baughers Orchard, 1236 Baugher Road, Westminster, Maryland, 21158, ☎ 4108485541. This local Orchard is a lovely place to pick fresh produce from the nearby orchards or find some gifts or flora in the gift shop.
- The Maryland Wine Festival, Carroll County Farm Museum, Westminster, MD, ☎ 410-386-3880, . Over 30 Maryland wineries come together each year in September for visitors to sample and buy excellent local wines. With music, food, and craft vendors, there is plenty to do and see in addition to the wine. The 2011 festival will be held September 17 (10 - 6pm) and 18 (12 - 6pm). Don't forget to bring a designated driver who will receive discounted admission.
- Westminster Antique Mall, 433 Hahn Road, Westminster, MD 21157, ☎ 410-857-4044, . Maryland's Largest Antique Mall. Over 165 different dealers offering collectibles, furniture, and plentiful other curiosities. Snacks and an ATM are available for shoppers, many of whom take full advantage of these services as they find themselves wandering for hours through this huge warehouse of wonder.
- Bullocks Country Family Restaraunt, 2020 Sykesville Road, Westminster, Maryland, 21157, ☎ 410-857-3563. This restaraunt is a local's favorite, featuring fresh dishes with local ingredients found right in the county. Meats and an excellent salad bar at decent prices make this a must-see stop on your visit. Plus, plenty of old model trains and posters are displayed throughout the restaraunt, and a meat market/gift shop is on the side of the restaraunt.
- Baughers Restaraunt, 289 W. Main Street, Westminster, Maryland, 21157. Fresh local ingredients are combined at this family friendly restaraunt, and at very good prices.
- Paradiso Ristorante, 20 Distillery Drive, Westminster, MD 21157, ☎ 410-876-1421 or 410-848-1419, . Great Italian food with indoor, outdoor, and bar seating. Paradiso has a menu loaded with a variety of dishes and always offers delicious and interesting specials. Located in downtown historic Westminster, it's easy to follow up your meal with a romanitc stroll around town. With prices comparable to chain restaurants, skip the places you can go to anytime and try a local favorite instead.
- O'Lordans Irish Pub & Restaurant, 14 Liberty Street, Westminster, MD 21157, ☎ 410-876-0000, . Closed Mondays. With good food, awesome beverages, and outstanding Irish decor, any visitor to Westminster will not want to miss this pub. Outdoor seating becomes available at 5pm during warmer months.
- Best Western Hotel, 451 WMC Drive, Westminster, Maryland, 21157, ☎ 410-857-1900. This hotel is located in a very good position - close to many local activities. Very affordable as well. $60-$90 Per Night.
Gettysburg National Battlefield Park is 40 minutes up the Littlestown Pike.