Welcome sign West Yellowstone, Montana
West Yellowstone, Montana, is a rustic mountain town nestled between National Forest lands and is the gateway to Yellowstone National Park. It is only a mile from the park entrance, and the town's airport is the closest to the park, and to attractions like Old Faithful.
Delta (Skywest)  fly to West Yellowstone three times a day during the summer.
West Yellowstone town center, including the museum, shops and restaurants, is small enough to easily walk around.
- Yellowstone Museum, (in the old Union Pacific Station Building). Shows a history of Yellowstone National Park and the tourist train service to West Yellowstone. Includes a collection of historic railway china. $5. edit
There is a large variety of local souvenirs available from the many shops in West Yellowstone.
- Seldom Seen Knives and Gifts, 115 Yellowstone Ave (on street that goes into Yellowstone National Park across from the museum.), ☎ 406-646-4116. handcrafted gifts. Montana Made unique and useable. www.seldomseenknives.com edit
- Running Bear Pancake House, 538 Madison Ave. Excellent breakfast place. Known for their pancakes, but other items are delicious also. edit
West Yellowstone is very much a tourist gateway to Yellowstone National Park and a large variety of accommodation options are available.
- American West Motel. edit
- Best Western Crosswinds Motor Inn, 201 Firehole Avenue, ☎ +1 406 646-9557 (fax: +1 406 646-9592), . edit
- Best Western Desert Inn, US 20, 191 & 287, ☎ +1 406 646-7376 (toll free: +1-800-574-7054, fax: +1 406 646-7759), . edit
- Best Western Weston Inn, 103 Gibbon Street, ☎ +1 406 646-7373 (toll free: +1-800-599-9982, fax: +1 406 646-7572), . edit
- Dude and Roundup Motel. edit
- Faithful Street Inn, 120 N. Faithful Street, ☎ 866-646-4329, . checkin: 4PM; checkout: 10AM. Unique cabin lodging for couples, families and large groups. Cabins include wireless internet, ample parking, mountain views and modern rustic charm. edit
- Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort, 315 Yellowstone Avenue, ☎ +1 406 646-7365, . edit
- Kirkwood Resort & Marina, 11505 Hebgan Lake Rd, ☎ +1 406 646-7200, . Offers well cared for cabin rentals (some with full kitchens), RV spaces, and tent sites. The property includes a boat launch, fuel station, and boat, equipment rentals and park with horseshoe throw, volleyball net, BBQ grills, and picnic tables. The Kirkwood Roadhouse Grill restaurant is onsite. edit
- Madison Hotel, Motel, and Hostel, 139 Yellowstone Ave (at Dunraven St), . Hostel dormitory rates start at $30, hotel/motel rates start at $59. edit
- Yellowstone Country Inn. edit
- Yellowstone Park Inn & Suites. edit
- Yellowstone RV Park and Cabins, 210 S. Electric St, ☎ +1 406 646-4466 (email@example.com), . Less than a mile from west entrance to Yellowstone NP. Very clean; 50 amp service and full hookups. Can walk to downtown and shops. edit
|Routes through West Yellowstone