Map showing the location of West Java in Indonesia
West Java (Jawa Barat) ) is the western third of the island of Java, Indonesia.
- Jakarta — the chaotic, congested yet oddly fascinating Indonesian
- Around J : Bekasi , Depok
- Bogor — British summer capital with a world-class botanical garden (60 km south of Jakarta)
- Banten - the westernmost tip of the island, formerly an independent sultanate and now once again its own province
- Rengasdengklok - a typical, unspoilt country town, surrounded by rice fields.
- Pelabuhan Ratu - a port and resort in a spectacularly beautiful bay.
- Kampung Naga
- Pangandaran - a beautiful beach located in the south-eastern most part of west java, it is the best known beach tourism in west java.
- Tangkubanparahu - famous mountain and crater located at the north of Bandung, it's well known for the nearest crater mountain can be reach by a car.
West Java surrounds Jakarta, the Indonesian capital city. Most of the cities in West Java can be reached by bus, car or train. To get to the southern parts of Cianjur or Sukabumi you need 4 wheel drive. Bandung, the largest city in West Java can be reached in two hours.
West Java is best known for Sundanese food, which unusually for Indonesia places a special emphasis on fresh or even raw ingredients. The quintessential Sundanese dish is nasi timbel, which consists of rice wrapped up in a banana leaf, an assortment of raw vegetables known as lalapan (a term that covers cucumbers, tomatoes, lettuce, coriander leaves, cabbage and more), a freshly pounded chili sauce known as sambal dadak, some tofu or tempeh and maybe a chicken leg or some salted fish. This is commonly served with sayur asam, a sour vegetable soup flavored with tamarind.
- Kampoeng Padi Boutique Villa, Desa Pawenang, Nagrak, Sukabumi, West Java, Indonesia, ☎ +628159104286, . Covering three hectares of land, including lush paddy fields, Kampoeng Padi Resort in Sukabumi, Indonesia overlooks the majestic Gunung Gede in West Java. Delight in the privacy your villa accommodation in Sukabumi, Indonesia brings. The one-bedroom Lembah Villa and two-bedroom Rumah Miring Family Villa exude a resort-like ambience complemented by traditional Sundanese and Balinese décor.