| || |
| || |
Revision as of 06:04, 22 January 2010
Map showing the location of West Java in Indonesia
West Java (Jawa Barat) ) is the western third of the island of Java, Indonesia.
- Rengasdengklok - a typical, unspoilt country town, surrounded by rice fields.
- Pelabuhan Ratu - a port and resort in a spectacularly beautiful bay.
- Kampung Naga
- Pangandaran - a beautiful beach located in the south-eastern most part of west java, it is the best known beach tourism in west java.
- Tangkubanparahu - famous mountain and crater located at the north of Bandung, it's well known for the nearest crater mountain can be reach by a car.
- Pulau Seribu National Park
West Java surrounds Jakarta, the Indonesian capital city. Most of the cities in West Java can be reached by bus, car or train. To get to the southern parts of Cianjur or Sukabumi you need 4 wheel drive. Bandung, the largest city in West Java can be reached in two hours.
West Java is best known for Sundanese food, which unusually for Indonesia places a special emphasis on fresh or even raw ingredients. The quintessential Sundanese dish is nasi timbel, which consists of rice wrapped up in a banana leaf, an assortment of raw vegetables known as lalapan (a term that covers cucumbers, tomatoes, lettuce, coriander leaves, cabbage and more), a freshly pounded chili sauce known as sambal dadak, some tofu or tempeh and maybe a chicken leg or some salted fish. This is commonly served with sayur asam, a sour vegetable soup flavored with tamarind.
- Hotel Flamingo, Jalan By Pass Santing, Losarang, Indramayu, West Java, Indonesia 45253, ☎ +62234 505726, . Hotel Flamingo is located at Indramayu, West Java, Indonesia. Some of the famous trourist spots close to it are the Tirtamaya Beach, Bukit Dago Hills, and Cirebon Palace. It offers standard, deluxe, twin, and villa rooms, all of which includes a complimentary breakfast. Some of its amenities include fitness room, high-speed internet access, and ballroom. Best rates on official website start at USD 33.00″.