| || |
:''' [[http://www.canyonmotel.com/] ] The Canyon Motel is located on 18 East Avenue. The Motel offers a heated indoor pool, whirlpool, fitness center, and high-speed internet access . Call (570) 724-1681 for more information and reservations. |+|
*'''Canyon Motel'''[http://www.canyonmotel.com/]. a heated indoor pool, whirlpool, fitness center, and high-speed internet access.
| || |
*'''Colton Point Motel
:''' [[http://www.pavisnet.com/coltonpoint/] ] The Colton Point Motel is located on 4643 Route 6 in Wellsboro. Guests staying at the Colton Point Motel will have direct access to over 200 miles snowmobile trails that are within the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon. To receive more information and make reservations call 800-829-4122. |+|
*'''Colton Point Motel'''[http://www.pavisnet.com/coltonpoint/]. Guests have direct access to over 200 miles snowmobile trails that are within the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon.
| || |
*'''The Coach Stop Inn
:''' [[http://www.thecoachstopinn.com/index.php] ] The Coach Stop Inn is located on 4755 Route 6 in Wellsboro. It lies on 100 acres and is close to hiking and bike trails as well as white water rafting . To make reservations and receive more information call 1-800-829-4130. |+|
*'''The Coach Stop Inn'''[http://www.thecoachstopinn.com/index.php]. lies on 100 acres and is close to hiking and bike trails as well as white water rafting.
|−|*'''Penn Wells Hotel & Lodge:'''[[http://www.pennwells.com/]] The Penn Wells Hotel & Lodge is located on 62 Main Street in Wellsboro. Penn Wells offers two choices of rooms: The Hotel, which looks pretty much the same way it did in the 1920s, and The Lodge, which is more modern and offers larger rooms. For reservations and more information call (570)724-2111. | |
|−|*'''Sherwood Motel:''' [[http://www.sherwoodmotel.org/]] The Sherwood Motel is the most popular motel in Wellsboro and offers some of the best lodging in the entire Canyon County. The Sherwood Motel is located on 2 Main Street in Wellsboro. Call 1-800-626-5802 to make reservations and receive more information. | |
| || |
| || |
| || |
Revision as of 22:09, 5 October 2008
Wellsboro, Pennsylvania is the county seat of Tioga County, Pennsylvania. Wellsboro is a small historic town that depicts the way life used to be. Downtown Wellsboro still has the authentic gas street lamps and it portrays the small towns as the way they used to be. If you enjoy being outdoors, this is the town for you. It also provides various indoor activities for those who don't enjoy the outdoors as much.
Wellsboro, Pennsylvania is located in the northern part of Pennsylvania approximately 1 hour away from the New York border. It lies approximately 1 hour northwest of Williamsport, Pennsylvania and 1 hour southeast of Elvira, New York. Other towns such as Galeton and Coudersport Pennsylvania are within driving range from Wellsboro.
- Pennsylvania Grand Canyon: Wellsboro is home to Pine Creek Gorge or better known as the Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania. It only takes approximately 15 minutes to get to the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon from the town of Wellsboro. The Pennsylvania Grand Canyon offers hiking and biking trails as well as area parks for fishing, swimming, or kayaking.
- Animaland Zoological Park:, 4181 Route 660, 570-724-4546 (Fax: (570) 723-9942), . May 10AM-5PM, Jun 9AM-5PM, Jul,Aug 9AM-6PM, Sep,Oct 10AM-5PM.
- Tioga Trail Rides, . Take a horseback ride while enjoying the beautiful scenery of Pennsylvania's countryside. Tioga Trail Rides provides guided tours that meet the needs of everyone. The cost is $23 per person for 1 hour and $46 per person for 2 hours. There are also special rides available such as the Sunset Ride ($46 per person) and the Supper Ride ($61 per person). You will need to make reservations for all rides. Call 570-724-6592 to make reservations.
- Tyoga Country Club, (570) 724-1653 ext. 3. A four star golf course located two miles outside of the main town of Wellsboro. The golf course welcomes guests and a round of golf costs $58 during the week and $63 on the weekends. Both of these prices include the golf cart. There is also a Clubhouse that serves lunch and dinner.
- Tioga-Hammond Lakes, . The Tioga-Hammond Lakes are located 12 miles north of Wellsboro along Route 15. The lakes offer a variety of outdoor activities for the entire family such as swimming, fishing, boating, picnicking, hunting, and hiking. There are also overnight facilities for those wishing to spend more than a day exploring the lakes. Call 877-444-6777 for overnight reservations.
- Peggy's Candies & Gifts: Peggy's Candies & Gifts is located on 82 Main Street. It is a small candy store that still offers the penny candies as well as a large variety of chocolates and other gourmet candy. It also serves Hershey's Ice Cream and sells gifts and other novelties.
- Artisan's Shoppe, LLC: The Artisan's Shoppe is located on 17 1/2 Crafton Street in Wellsboro. It offers gifts, crafts, paintings, jewelry, and more that are handmade by local and regional artists.
- The Farmer's Daughter: The Farmer's Daughter is a small country store that offers country decorations, crafts, and gifts as well as locally hand-made items. The store is located on 11719 Route 6.
- Dunham's Department Store: Even though there is not a mall that is close to Wellsboro, Dunham's Department Store has many different departments that offer everything from the latest fashion trends to housewares and gifts. It is located on 45 Main Street.
- Country Ski & Sport: Country Ski & Sport will provide you with all of your outdoor needs including gear for backpacking, skiing, canoeing, and bicycling. This store is located on 81 Main Street.
- Wellsboro Diner: The Wellsboro Diner is known for its famous prime rib dinners and sandwiches. The diner serves breakfast, lunch and dinner daily as well as offering desserts. Wellsboro Diner is located on 19 Main Street.
- Harland's Family Style Restaurant: The Harland's Family Style Restaurant is located on 17 Pearl Street. If offers a salad bar and a buffet style meal as well as homemade desserts. Breakfast is also served all day.
- The Native Bagel: The Native Bagel is located on 1Central Avenue in Wellsboro. The menu offers a variety of delicious bagels, deli sandwiches, gourmet coffees, soups, and salads.
- Potato City Country Inn: Potato City is located just a few minutes away from Wellsboro on 3084 East Second Street in the town of Coudersport, PA. Potato City offers lunch and dinner, caters events, and is also an inn. For more information call (814) 274-7133.
- Tony's Italian Cuisine: Tony's Italian Cuisine is located on 3 Main Street in Wellsboro. It offers homemade Italian meals, a variety of pizzas, salads, and bread.
- Pudgie's Pizzeria & Restaurant: Pudgie's Pizzeria & Restaurant provides a variety of excellent homemade pizzas as well as other Italian dishes.
- Dunkin' Donuts of Wellsboro: If you need a quick breakfast stop or coffee break stop by Dunkin' Donuts on 7 Main Street in Wellsboro.
- Canyon Motel, 18 East Ave., 570-724-1681, . Offers a heated indoor pool, whirlpool, fitness center, and high-speed internet access.
- Colton Point Motel, 4643 Route 6, 800-829-4122, . Guests have direct access to over 200 miles snowmobile trails that are within the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon.
- The Coach Stop Inn, 4755 Route 6, 1-800-829-4130, . This hotel lies on 100 acres and is close to hiking and bike trails as well as white water rafting.
- Penn Wells Hotel & Lodge, 62 Main Street, (570)724-2111, . Penn Wells offers two choices of rooms: The Hotel, which looks pretty much the same way it did in the 1920s, and The Lodge, which is more modern and offers larger rooms.
- Sherwood Motel, 2 Main St., 1-800-626-5802, . The most popular motel and offers some of the best lodging in the entire Canyon County.