Wilanów  is a district of Warsaw. It has the lowest population density among all Warsaw districts, but this is going to change soon with the construction of new high-rise buildings in the areas adjacent to Ursynów. The original name of the settlement was Milanów, but it was renamed by the King Jan III Sobieski inspired by a French descriptive phrase Villa Nova. Wilanów is further divided into Kępa Zawadowska, Zawady, Miasteczko Wilanów and Powsinek.
Wilanów higlighted in dark red.
Location of bus termini in Mokotów
- The two streets that lead to Wilanów are: ul. Powsińska-ul. Wiertnicza and al. Wilanowska (not ul. Wilanowska which is in Śródmieście), which earlier merges with ul. Sobieskiego. They intersect right in front of the Palace and merge into ul. Przyczółkowa, which leads to the Park of Culture in Powsin, the Botanical Garden and to Konstancin-Jeziorna.
- There are no trams or metro in Wilanów. The bus terminus closest to the Palace is called Wilanów. Another bus terminus Sadyba (in Mokotów) is also in close proximity.
- The Park of Culture and the Botanical Garden are far away from the Palace and can be reached from bus termini Powsin - Park Kultury and Ogród Botaniczny respectively, or if you prefer to take a walk, take the M to Kabaty (in Ursynów) and then walk through the Kabacki Forest.
Wilanów Palace on an afternoon in spring. The flags in the foreground are present due to the Polish President's death during the prior weekend.
- Wilanów Palace (Pałac w Wilanowie), ul. Stanisława Kostki-Potockiego 10/16, ☎ +48 (0/22) 842 81 01, . Wilanów Palace is tucked away in the romantic surroundings of the royal gardens. Its an ideal place to take a date or just to relax, but be forewarned that there are a few ponds and lakes along the walking paths that are infested with mosquitoes, so be wise and protect yourself or your date with bug repellent.
- Poster Museum (Muzeum Plakatu), ul. St. Kostki Potockiego 10/16, ☎ +48 (0/22) 842 48 48 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +48 (0/22) 842 26 06), .
- SD Galeria, ul. Stanisława Kostki-Potockiego 24, ☎ +48 (0/22) 842 00 66, .
- The Park of Culture. On the edge of the Kabacki Forest (Las Kabacki). Many sports venues including an swimming pool. Walk or cycle through the forest (although the latter is now illegal!) to Metro Kabaty.
- Botanical Garden (Ogród Botaniczny) ul. Prawdziwka 2 . Actually, next to the Park of Culture, although there is another bus terminus (see above). No pets allowed.
- Polish People's Movement History Museum (Muzeum Historii Polskiego Ruchu Ludowego), al. Wilanowska 204, . The building in which it it situated, called The Yellow Inn (Żółta Karczma) is probably a lot more interesting than the museum itself.
- The Royal Road ends here, but you could do it backwards.
- A hot chocolate at Cafe Wedel near Wilanow Palace.
- Rezydencja Parkowa, ul. Wiertnicza 94, ☎ +48 (0/22) 642 6204, .
- Zajazd Na Uboczu, ul. Jara 4a, ☎ +48 (0/22) 885 1352, .
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!