| || |
* CH Promenadaul. Ostrobramska 75http://www.promenada.commall in ''./
'''CH Promenada ''' ''ul. Ostrobramska 75 '' [http://www.promenada.com /]. Shopping mall . |+|
|−|* '''Alma''' [http://www.almamarket.pl/] delicatessen in '' Promenada'' |+|
|−|* '''Géant''' ''ul. Jubilerska 1/ 3''. Hypermarket. |+|
| || |
Revision as of 00:45, 10 March 2012
- For other places with the same name, see Praga (disambiguation).
Praga Południe  is a district of Warsaw. It is quite diverse: while Gocław and Gocławek are relatively new residential areas built in the 1960s and 1970s, Kamionek and Grochów have a history on par with other settlements that then formed Warsaw, like Ujazdów and Mokotów, Saska Kępa is a prestigious mansionesque area that is home to many embassies and Olszynka Grochowska is mostly a forest.
Praga Południe in highlighted in dark red.
- Main streets parallel to Vistula: ul. Grochowska; Wał Miedzeszyński
- Main streets perpendicular to Vistula: ul. Ostrobramska and al. Stanów Zjednoczonych (United States Avenue) - collectively referred to as Trasa Łazienkowska; al. Waszyngtona (Washington Avenue); Trasa Siekierkowska
Location of bus termini in Praga Południe
- Skaryszewski Park (Park Skaryszewski or Park im. Ignacego Paderewskiego, but nobody says so)
- Barriers of Grochów (Rogatki Grochowskie) ul. Grochowska. Used for collecting the toll for entering the city.
- Monument to the builders of the Brześć Road ul. Grochowska. Built in 1825, it was the first monument in Poland to honor anonymous workers (instead of famous national heroes).
- Saska Kępa is a mostly residential neighborhood, but is unique for the numerous cozy cafes and restaurants the line one its most well-known streets, ul. Francuska. In the evening, the neighborhood is an idyllic setting for a stroll, which can be topped off by watching the sunset over the Eastern skyline of Warsaw, dominated by the Palace of Culture and Science, while grilling or drinking by a couple of the city-provided grills on the banks of the Vistula. If you go to grill, be sure to bring some bug spray. This neighborhood is also located immediately next to the National Stadium.
- The forest in Olszynka Grochowska, which was an important battlefield during the November Uprising .
- Cinema City ul. Ostrobramska 75, tel. +48 22 611 75 11 (CH Promenada)
- Wodnik ul. Abrahama 10, tel. +48 22 673 82 00
- CH Promenada, ul. Ostrobramska 75, . Promenada is a shopping mall that differs from many of the other malls in Warsaw in the fact that it's home to a mixture of exclusive brands and typical mall brand shops, as well as the pleasant fact that it's far less crowded than either Zloty Tarasy or Arkadia.
- Several restaurants and bars in CH Promenada.
- Dom Polski ul. Francuska 11. Polish.
- Santorini ul. Egipska 7. Greek.
- Herbaciarnia na, ul. Francuskiej 12, ☎ +48 (0/22) 617 46 16 (, MagdaSzulinska@poczta.fm, fax: +48 (0/22) 617 46 16), . A cozy little place where that serves a wide variety of teas. About 10 - 15 PLN for a small kettle of tea.
- Hostel Krokodyl, ul. Czapelska 24 (By tram no. 9, 24 or bus no. 523, 188, get off at Wiatraczna stop), ☎ +48 22 810 11 18, . Very nice hostel, with great conditions and a very helpful staff. 45-160 PLN.
- Ibis Warszawa Ostrobramska, ul. Ostrobramska 36, ☎ +48 (0/22) 515 78 00, .