Mokotów  has over 200,000 inhabitants and is the most populous district of Warsaw. Its name (arguably) originates from French mon coteau, which means "my hillside" or, in another version, from Mokoto, the supposed name of the settlement's founder. The district is further divided into Augustówka, Czerniaków, Ksawerów, Sadyba, Siekierki, Sielce, Służew, Służewiec, Stegny, Wierzbno, Wyględów and Stary Mokotów (Old Mokotów), which is the historical area of the settlement.
Warsaw's Mokotów district in dark red.
- Main streets parallel to Vistula: ul. Czerniakowska-ul. Powsińska, ul. Belwederska-ul. Sobieskiego, ul. Puławska, al. Niepodległości, ul. Żwirki i Wigury
- Main streets perpendicular to Vistula: ul. Spacerowa, Trasa Siekierkowska-ul. Witosa-ul. Sikorskiego
From the Warszawa Centralna train station, you can take 119, 131, 525 to get to Mokotów. From Marszałkowska, also in the Centrum, you can take 522. Or if you cross under the street, and pop up on al. Jerozolimskie, you can catch the 107. If you go further down to ul. Piękna, where the US, French, and Canadian Embassies are located, you can also catch the 159. The 180, which is known as the tourist route, connects the Old Town and Nowy Świat with Wilanów, via the Mokotów. Most of these buses will end up taking you in the direction of the Sadyba neighborhood of Mokotów, toward Wilanów.
Other buses that connect other parts of Mokotów with Warsaw exist too.
Warsaw's subway system immediately connects Mokotów with Śródmieście and Ursynów. The last station in Śródmieście before entering Mokotów is the Metro Politechnika stop, while the last stop before entering Mokotów from Ursynów is the Metro Ursynów stop. More or less, the subway line cuts down the middle of Mokotów.
Location of bus termini in Mokotów
Warsaw's subway system has several stops in Mokotów, which can allow for travelers to quickly hop on and off the metro line and get north and south of Mokotów in just a few minutes. The following stops are in Mokotów - Pole Mokotowskie, Racławicka, Wierzbno, Wilanowska, and Służew.
- National Library of Poland (Biblioteka Narodowa), al. Niepodległości 213, ☎ +48 (0/22) 608 29 99 (, email@example.com, fax: +48 (0/22) 825 52 51), . (). Simply put - it's the library of Poland.
- Szuster Palace ul. Puławska 55 (near the Flik restaurant)
- Królikarnia ul. Puławska 113a . A palace on a slope, part of the National Museum.
- St Katherine Church ul. Fosa 17
- Monument to the Victims of Communist Terror 1944-1956
- St Anthony Church in Czerniaków ul. Czerniakowska 2/4
- Gardener's House ul. Jodłowa 18
- Manager's House ul. Bernardyńska 1
- Cinema City, ul. Wołoska 12 (Galeria Mokotów), ☎ +48 (0/22) 456 65 00. A decent cinema in Galeria Mokotów. The upside of the theater is that the mall's food court allows you to grub out before or after the movie.
- Iluzjon ul. Narbutta 50a, tel. +48 22 646 12 60
- IMAX ul. Powsińska 31, tel. +48 22 550 33 33 (Sadyba Best Mall)
- Warsaw Music Society (Warszawskie Towarzystwo Muzyczne) ul. Morskie Oko 2  (classical music)
- Hokus Pokus ul. Powsińska 31, tel. +48 22 550 35 35 (Sadyba Best Mall)
- Tor Stegny ul. Inspektowa 1, tel. +48 22 842 27 68  (near the intersection of ul. Sobieskiego and ul. Sikorskiego). Open when the temperature falls below 10°C.
- Wodny Park ul. Merliniego 9, tel. +48 22 854 01 30  (near ul. Puławska near Królikarnia)
- Pruderia ul. Racławicka 99 (unorthodox)
- Galeria Mokotów, ul. Domaniewska 41, ☎ +48 (0/22) 541 41 41, . Shops open from 10AM - 10PM. A large, uncrowded, and extremely nice and comfortable shopping mall. It's a great mall for those that want to avoid the crowds of Zlote Tarasy or Arkadia. Plus, you can find a few more lesser known shops here than at other popular malls.
- Sadyba Best Mall, ul. Powsińska 31, . By comparison to other malls in Warsaw, this one is pretty small, but it comes equipped with a cinema, food court, and interestingly enough - a bowling alley, which is a one-up on most malls in Warsaw. Its cinema is also one of only a few IMAX theaters in Poland.
- CH Land, ul. Wałbrzyska 11 (Metro Służew), (firstname.lastname@example.org), . A very small, rather un-populated mall in Mokotów. This mall isn't too large or packed with annoyingly large crowds like at Złote Tarasy, Arkadia, or Galeria Mokotów, but it also doesn't have nearly the same number of stores as those malls or the activities.
- Dominium Pizza, ul. Rakowiecka 41 (Subway to Pole Mokotowskie, then restaurant is opposite the SGGW administration building), ☎ +48 (0/22) 210 10 10, . Just one of a chain of pizzerias.
- Efes, Al. Niepodległości 80 (Metro Racławicka). Great place to go for a kebab.
- Pizzeria Segment, ul. Powsińska 18A, ☎ +48 (0/22) 651 87 01. Open from 11:30AM - 10PM. A cool little pizzeria located in the Sadyba neighborhood of Mokotów. The pizza is superb and there is a number of varying pizza themes. The deserts only improve the experience. In the summer, dining upstairs is nice and the restaurant has an outdoor balcony. In the winter, it's warmer to eat downstairs than upstairs. 30+ zł.
- Restauracja Roma, ul. Artur Grottgera 2, . 60+ zł.
- Portucale, ul. Merliniego 5, ☎ +48 (0/22) 898 09 25 (email@example.com, fax: +48 (0/22) 898 09 27), . Portuguese restaurant that made its reputation in its collection of amazing wines.
- Blue Cactus, Zajączkowska 11, ☎ +48 (0/22) 851 23 23 (fax: +48 (0/22) 851 23 22), . M - F.: 8AM - 11PM. Sa.: 9AM - 11PM. Su: Noon - 10PM. An excellent Mexican restaurant with good food and drinks. You can easily spend 60 or more złotych per person, but it's well worth the money. Roughly 60+ zł.
- Park, Al. Niepodległości 196, ☎ +48 (0/22) 825 91 65 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Park is like Russian roulette; you may have your head blown off, or possibly have a great time. The door is relaxed, which means a lot of fools and the fashion challenged can usually get in. Alcohol is cheap with a shot of Wyborowa only costing zł 5. The only real problem is likely to be a concern for women. The men who go to this club often act like they have never seen a woman before, which may be due to the ethanol induced state of mind they are in, and may touch women who obviously don't want to be bothered. If any woman decides to go to this club, be sure to bring along friends or a guy friend to ward off drunk advances. Also, be sure not to upset the bouncers – let's just say, they don't take too kindly to being upset.
- Qlala Bar, ul. Chełmska 21, ☎ +48 507 071 787 (email@example.com), . A random and thoroughly unsuspecting bar. Walking in, the bar tender seemed surprised by the idea of customers, but was friendly. The furniture in Qlala consists of large comfortable chairs, love seats, and sofas, which are surrounded by book shelves that are covered in worn Polish-language books.
- Zielnik, ul. Odyńca 15 (A few streets from Racławicka metro stop, off of Al. Niepodległości), ☎ +48 (0/22) 844 35 00 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +48 (0/22) 844 99 15), . Zielnik is a really cozy café where couples and close friends could go for lunch, dinner, and a cup of coffee or tea. Worth a visit, if you like to get a sense of having some alone time with a friend or date.
- Cafe Chełmska, ul. Chełmska 9 (Buses 107 and 141 stop across the street, while bus 119 stops around the corner after turning off of ul. Chełmska), ☎ +48 (0) 605 104 207 (email@example.com), . Open M-F from 8AM - 8PM ().
- Sikkim, Al. Niepodległości 88 (Racławicka metro stop), ☎ +48 (0/22) 844 14 79 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Cool little café, where you can stop in for a cup of tea or grab some tea leaves for home.
- Atos ul. Mangalia 1, tel. +48 22 841 43 95
- Aramis ul. Mangalia 3, tel. +48 22 858 21 26
- Portos ul. Mangalia 3a, tel. +48 22 463 63 63
- SUSeł ul. Rzymowskiego 41/43, tel. +48 22 843 53 72
- Reytan ul. Rejtana 6, tel. +48 22 646 31 66 (near Metro Pole Mokotowskie)
- Hotel Karat, ul. Słoneczna 37, ☎ +48 (0/22) 849 84 54 (, email@example.com, fax: +48 (0/22) 849 52 94), . checkin: 12PM; checkout: 10AM. 250 - 400 zł per night.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!