Eastern Warsaw is comprised of the Varsovian districts of Targówek , Rembertów , Wawer , and Wesoła .
Rembertów  is a district Warsaw. Originally, it was a settlement created for the workers of the Warsaw-Moscow railway and then, a training ground for the military. It has been a part of Warsaw since 1957, but it doesn't look very much like a district of a big city to this day. Rembertów is further divided into Kawęczyn-Wygoda, Nowy Rembertów and Stary Rembertów.
Targówek  is a district of Warsaw. It is further divided into Bródno. Bródno-Podgrodzie, Elsnerów, Targówek Fabryczny, Targówek Mieszkaniowy, Utrata and Zacisze.
Wawer  is a district of Warsaw. It is the most rural district and this has some advantages unless you need to commute. It is also the biggest district of Warsaw in terms of area. It is further divided into: Aleksandrów, Anin, Falenica, Marysin Wawerski, Miedzeszyn, Międzylesie, Nadwiśle, Radość (meaning "happiness"), Sadul, Wawer proper and Zerzeń.
Wesoła  is the youngest district of Warsaw. It mostly consists of low-rise residential housing. The Polish word wesoła means "happy". Wesoła is further divided into Stara Miłosna, Wesoła-Centrum, Wola Grzybowska and Zielona-Grzybowa.
- Main streets in Rembertów are ul. Żołnierska and ul. Marsa-ul. Cyrulików.
- Main streets in Targówek are Trasa Toruńska, ul. Radzymińska, ul. Odrowąża, ul. Św. Wincentego and ul. Bazyliańska-ul. Kondratowicza-ul. Młodzieńcza.
- The main streets parallel to Vistula are ul. Wał Miedzeszyński, ul. Trakt Lubelski, ul. Płowiecka-ul. Czecha-ul. Trakt Brzeski and ul. Patriotów (which are really two streets running on the opposite sides of the railway track).
- There are many smaller streets perpendicular to Vistula, Those notable are ul. Zwoleńska-ul. Żegańska-al. Dzieci Polskich and ul. Bysławska.
- Several railway stations on the route to Otwock lie in Wawer. These are, beginning with those closest to the city center: Wawer, Anin, Międzylesie, Radość, Miedzeszyn and Falenica.
- ul. Wał Miedzeszyński (which has recently been upgraded and is now a dual carriageway) beyond the borders of Warsaw turns into road 801 and leads to Lublin (although this is not the primary route).
- The main street in Wesoła is ul. Czecha-ul. Trakt Brzeski, which is also the 2 E30 road to Terespol and the border with Belarus. ul. Cyrulików-ul. Okuniewska is parallel to it, and the two main perpendicular streets are ul. 1 Praskiego Pułku and al. Piłsudskiego.
- Nearly all Wawer is a one big forest. The best starting point for a trip is the bus terminus in Międzylesie (the name roughly means "inter-forest" or "between the forests"). You can walk through the forest to Wesoła - this shouldn't take more than an hour or two (unless you get lost).
- Bródnowski Cemetery (Cmentarz Bródnowski) ul. Św. Wincentego 81. Established 1883. With over 1.2 million graves, it is one of the largest in Europe.
- Rampa Theater (Teatr Rampa) ul. Kołowa 20, tel. +48 22 679 89 76 . One of the best musical theaters in Poland. The building was originally meant to be a metro station in the 1950s when there were plans to construct a metro line on the right bank.
- Polonez ul. Łabiszyńska 20, tel. +48 22 884 88 00
- CH Targówek, ul. Głębocka 15 (Located in Targówek. Buses 126, 134, 112, 120, 140, 527, and 732 all go to CH Targówek), ☎ +48 (0/22) 675 80 00 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +48 (0/22) 675 80 80), . Open M-Sa.: 10AM - 9PM and Su.: 10AM - 8PM. edit
- M1 Marki at the intersection of Trasa Toruńska and ul. Radzymińska (to be precise, it's not Targówek but Marki just outside Warsaw)
- Park Handlowy Targówek between the two of them
- WOK ul. Odrębna 16, tel. +48 22 612 79 51  (near ul. Wał Miedzeszyński). Campsite with bar, Internet, laundry. Apr-Oct. Tent: 14 zł, car 14 zł, trailer 16-20 zł, electricity 10 zł and 14 zł/person. No credit cards. Bus 146 from Dworzec Wschodni station stop Romantyczna.