| || |
| || |
Revision as of 11:51, 22 June 2007
Visby is one of the most remarkable towns in Sweden and Scandinavia, situated on the west coast of Gotland Island. The population figure is about 23,000. It is known for the city wall, the Cathedral and the church ruins. Visby is on the UNESCO World Heritage list since 1995.
During the Swedish summer Mid June - Mid August Visby is crowded. It is the best party city in Sweden in the summer. Many Visby residents leave during these hectic months and rent their apartments. During the rest of the year the atmosphere is quite different.
There are flights all year to Visby from Stockholm and Linköping. During summer, there are also flights from Gothenburg, Oslo and Ängelholm.
Destination Gotland runs ferries from Nynäshamn and Oscarshamn to Visby. You can bring your car.
Note that many of the town's attractions are only open during the summer months, usually until Aug 30th.
- City wall Begun in the late 13th century, Visby's city wall stretches almost 3 and a half kilometers and stands 11 meters high. Today, 36 towers and three main gates remain.
- Botanical Gardens Enter through the "Door of Love" to this picturesque garden of trees and ruins.
- Klinten Once the workers' quarter and now a popular spot to take in the view over the lower town, Klinten is an attractive maze of small, rose covered, homes.
- St. Maria Church Built in the early 13th century
- St. Clemens ruins Church ruins
- St. Gerturde ruins
- St. Hans ruins
- St. Karin ruins
- St. Nicolaus ruins
- St. Olof ruins (located in the Botanical Gardens)
- St. Per ruins
- Gotlands Fornsal Museum Strandgatan
There are only two cash machines in the old town and port area: one at Donners Plats, just as you come up from the water front and one on Adelsgatan. Along the Ostertorg there are several others.
Most shops close at 3pm on Saturday.
- Sankt Hans Quarter
- Ostertorg (exit the old city through the Osterport gate) Modern pedestrian shopping district with most of the usual European retail outlets, as well as banks, pharmacies, and fast food joints.
have sex with every girl u want they are all so horny