Visalia is a city in Tulare County in California's San Joaquin Valley.
Visalia can be reached from Fresno to the north via California State Route 99 and from Bakersfield to the south via SR-99. Visalia Municipal Airport offers daily flights to/from Ontario International Airport in Ontario, CA aboard Great Lakes Airline.
Highway 198 cuts straight through the middle of the city going east to west. It provides an easy route to downtown as well as to Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park and Kaweah Lake.
Mooney Blvd. is the main strip for shopping in town. It runs north to south curving into main street on its north end which will take you to the downtown area.
Akers, Caldwell, Lover's Lane and Goshen Ave. are the main connected streets that take you around the outside borders of town, though the city is quickly growing beyond them.
Tulare, Walnut, and Whitendale are also useful east to west streets that are used to get around the south side of the city.
- Kaweah Oaks Preserve, .
- [[Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park]].
- AMF Visalia Lanes, . Bowling.
- Regal Cinemas Visalia Stadium 10, 120 South Bridge Street, ☎ 559 741-7293. 1 of the 2 Movie theaters in Visalia. 4 out of 5 Visalians prefer this theater. It is a popular place for Movie premiers and sits across the street from Crawdaddy's Restaurant who has a 10% off discount if you show your movie stub on the same day as you saw the movie.
- Regal Cinemas Visalia Stadium 12, 3303 South Mooney Blvd., ☎ 559 741-9989.
- Preferred Outlets in Tulare.
- Sequioa Mall, 3303 South Mooney Blvd, ☎ 559 732-5681. Sears is main anchor, other stores include Borders Books, Bed Bath and Beyond and Marshall's.
- Visalia Mall, ☎ 559 733-3899, . This is THE mall of Visalia. Visalia Mall was the first indoor mall in California when construction was complete in 1964. There are various clothing stores including Journeys, PacSun, Old Navy, Hollister and Co. and American Eagle Outfitters to name a few. The 2 large department Stores here are Macy's and JCPenney.
- Brewbakers Brewing Company, 219 E. Main St., ☎ 559-627-2739, . 11:30AM-10:00PM. Brewbakers has a nice variety of in-house micro-brewed beers, as well as a good array of pub/grill food- burgers, pizzas, etc. $5-$22. (36.3300495,-119.290706)
- Cafe 225, 225 W. Main St., ☎ (559)733-2967.
- Crawdaddy's, 333 E. Main St., ☎ 559-625-5300, . New Orleans-style classics such as fresh seafood, Po' Boy sandwiches, homemade Gumbo, and Big Easy Short Ribs. Also a full children's menu is available. Friendly bar featuring local and Louisiana-style beer and wine.
- Fugazzi's Bistro, 127 W Main St., ☎ 559 625-0496.
- Rosa's Italian food, 314 S. Johnson, ☎ 559 732-6707.
- The Southern Pacific Depot, 207 E. Oak Ave., ☎ 559 732-8611, . 11:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.. 18.00 to 35.00.
- The Vintage Press Restaurante, 216 N. Willis St., ☎ 559 733-3033, . 11:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.. 18.00 to 35.00.
- Best Western Visalia Inn, 623 W Main St., ☎ +1 559 732-4561 (toll free: +1 877 500-4771, fax: +1 559 738-0562), .
- Days Inn Visalia, 4645 W. Noble Ave., +1 559-732-5611, .
- Fairfield Inn Visalia, 140 South Akers St., ☎ +1 559 636-7600 (fax: +1 559 636-7600), .
- Holiday Inn, 9000 W Airport Dr., ☎ +1 559 651-5000, .
- Marriott Visalia, 300 South Court St., ☎ +1 559 636-1111 (fax: +1 559 636-8224), .
- Fresno is located 45 miles north on 99.