Visalia is a city in Tulare County in California's San Joaquin Valley.
Visalia can be reached from Fresno to the north via California State Route 99 and from Bakersfield to the south via SR-99.
Highway 198 cuts straight through the middle of the city going east to west. It provides an easy route to downtown as well as to Sequoia National Park and Kaweah Lake.
Mooney Blvd is the main strip for shopping in town. It runs north to south curving into main street on its north end which will take you to the downtown area.
Akers, Caldwell, Lover's Lane and Goshen Ave. are the main connected streets that take you around the outside borders of town. (The city is growing beyond them quickly.)
Tulare, Walnut, and Whitendale are also common east to west streets that are used to get around the south side of the city.
Sequoia national park
Mooney's Grove Park
- Kaweah Oaks Preserve, .
Preferred Outlets in Tulare
- Cafe 225, 225 W. Main St. Visalia, CA 93277, ☎ (559)733-2967.
- Rosa's Italian food, 314 S. Johnson Visalia, CA 93291, ☎ (559)732-6707.
- Fugazzi's Bistro, 127 W Main St Visalia, CA 93291-6246, ☎ (559)625-0496.
- Crawdaddy's, 333 E. Main Street Visalia, CA 93277, ☎ 559-625-5300, . Crawdaddy's offers a casual, family dining experience with a truly diverse menu: New Orleans-style classics such as fresh seafood, Po' Boy sandwiches, homemade Gumbo, and Big Easy Short Ribs. Also a full children's Captain Crawdaddy's menu is available. For adults you'll love the exciting and friendly bar featuring your favorite local and Louisiana-style beer and wine.
- Best Western Visalia Inn, 623 W Main Street, ☎ +1 559 732-4561 (toll free: +1 877 500-4771, fax: +1 559 738-0562), .
- Days Inn Visalia, 4645 W. Noble Avenue, +1 559-732-5611, .
- Fairfield Inn Visalia, 140 South Akers Street, ☎ +1 559 636-7600 (fax: +1 559 636-7600), .
- Holiday Inn, 9000 W Airport Dr, ☎ +1 559 651-5000, .
- Marriott Visalia, 300 South Court Street, ☎ +1 559 636-1111 (fax: +1 559 636-8224), .
- Fresno is located 45 miles north on 99.