Outer South is in Vienna.
- The Wotruba Church, Liesing (Tram 60 to the Maurer Lange Gasse stop and then follow Maurer Lange Gasse up the hill until you see the green signs which point the way to the church, the walk is about ten minutes). A beautiful cubist church on the top of a hill overlooking the woods. There is also an open air planetarium next to the church.
- Gasometer, Simmering (directly at subway station U3 Gasometer), . If you are interested in the combination of new modern with old historic architecture, take a trip to the gasometers that has been revitalized from gas-tanks to new multi-functional buildings. The gasometers are four former gas tanks, built as part of the Vienna municipal gas works Gaswerk Simmering in 1896-1899. They are located in the 11th district called Simmering. They were used from 1899 to 1984 as gas storage tanks. After the changeover from town gas to natural gas they were no longer used and were shut down. In the time between 1984 and 1997 the gasometers were used as a film location (James Bond: The Living Daylights) and as the location for raves known as Gazometer-Raves. They were revitalized from 1999 to 2001 by the architects Jean Nouvel, Coop Himmelblau, Manfred Wehdorn, and Wilhelm Holzbauer. Each gasometer was divided into several zones for living, shopping and entertainment. The historic outside wall was conserved. Several other facilities including a music hall, cinema, student accommodation, municipal archive, etc. are located inside the Gasometers. There are special guided tours with experts available for visitors.
- Lainzer Tiergarten, Liesing (at the border with the woods; tram 49 to its last stop, then you need to walk for about five minutes to Nikolaitor; in winter or when you want to visit the mansion tram 60 or 62 to Hermesstrasse station and then change to bus 60B (goes only every half hour), take the bus to the final stop, just a five minute ride). Various, but usually Mid Feb-mid Nov 8AM-dusk. A beautiful natural reserve used to be the Emperor's private hunting wood with the fancy Hermesvilla, the favorite mansion of Empress Sisi. Nowadays, the major part of the park is closed in the winter time, but in summer you can see wild pigs, deer, and many Viennese families.
- The Lainzer Tiergarten, Liezing. Has several 2-10 km hiking trails, as well as a variety of wildlife. You can see the animals get fed at 2PM every day. Ask any park attendant where the location is.
- Favoritenstraße, Favoriten. Interntational chain of clothing stores as well as lots of cafes and resturants in the area around Kepplerplatz (U1) and becomes an immigrant shopping area after the busy Reumanplatz (U1) station.
- Gasometer, Simmering (U3 Gasometer), . Moderate-sized mall in former coalgas brick towers that were no longer neede after the city converted to natural gas. It is unfortuneately largely empty. It also houses a megaplex and concert venue.
- Columbus Center, Kepplerplatz, Favoriten (Kepplerplatz U1). Is small mall on.
- Shopping City Süd, . The biggest shopping mall in Europe (by number of visitors) just outside of Vienna, housing a very wide range of stores and brands. (WLB to Vösendorf-SCS additional ticket needed, or IKEA bus from Oper).
- Meininger Hotel Vienna City Center, Columbusgasse 16, Favoriten (U1 Keplerplatz), ☎ (+43 1) 720 73 36 43 (email@example.com, fax: +49 30 666 36 222), . Entertainingly neither a hotel nor in the city center, very instutional and pratical but plesant (its a German chain). Dorms from €17, doubles from €34.
- Actilingua Apartment-Hotel, Schneidergasse 7, Simmering (near U3 Zippererstrasse), ☎ +43 1 749 5112-0 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +43 1 749 5112-19), . Friendly apartment-hotel with free wifi. Spacious rooms and fully equipped kitchens.