Ventspils is a city situated on the western coast of Latvia, on the Baltic Sea. Ventspils is one of Europe's busiest ports.
- Several buses a day connect Riga and Liepaja with Ventspils.
On-again off-again train services to city was suspended again in 2010. There was normally a daily train connecting Ventspils with Riga and Liepaja, and it's not known when and if it will resume service.
- The A10 road runs from Riga to Ventspils and it is in very good condition when compared to some other roads it Latvia.
Ferries run between Nynashamn for Stockholm and Ventspils overnight. These are mainly used for transport of HGV's to Sweden but passengers and small vehicles can use the service. Tickets can be purchased from an office at the port.
- Cow sculptures
- Old Town
- Livonian Order Castle, Jāņa iela 17, Ventspils, LV 3601, ☎ +371 63622031; 63626288;, . The Livonian Order Castle is one of the oldest medieval fortresses that has survived to this day. In 1290 the castle was first chronicled and this date is now considered to be the year of Ventspils’ foundation. In 1995 there was begun extensive archaelogical research and renovation of the castle. Renovating the castle, there were retained both niches of the 14th century and wall paintings of the 15th century, door openings of the 17th century and prision doors of the 19th century. Now outwardly the Castle has obtained its 19th century look.
- Seaside Open Air Museum, Riņķa iela 2, Ventspils, LV 3601, ☎ (+ 371) 63624467, . The Seaside Open Air Museum was founded in 1954 to preserve the heritage of the seaside fishing village. Today it is the only open air museum dedicated to fishing in Latvia. It features fishermen’s homesteads, barns, wind mills (from the Užava parish), smokehouses, curing cabins, net sheds and other samples of native building and household artefacts. In an area of 4 ha, you will find an extensive sea boat collection and the largest anchor collection in the Baltics with more than one hundred exhibits dating from the 17th century to present day. At the Seaside Park you can enjoy the Enkuru taka (Anchor trail) which is formed of the biggest anchors.
- Kafejnīca Ukraina, Ganību iela 95a, tel 63622677; 29119747