| || |
*McMichael Canadian Art Gallery
* McMichael Canadian Art Gallery
| || |
Revision as of 19:44, 19 May 2008
- For other places with the same name, see Vaughan (disambiguation).
Vaughan is a city in York, in the Greater Toronto Area of Ontario.
Vaughan has convinient superhighways from all around the region. Public transit links are available by TTC,YRT,GO and a dedicated high-speed rail link to Pearson Airport is being built.
As well, TTC subways are coming to Vaughan.
There are two GO train stations.
Public transit is provided to the rest of the region.
- McMichael Canadian Art Gallery, 10365 Islington Avenue, Kleinburg, . daily 10 am to 4 pn, closed december 25.. Excellent collection dominated by the famous Canadian Group of Seven and their comtemporaties CAD 15, discount to families and seniors.
- Visit Canada's Wonderland
- Kleinburg Conservation Centre
- Other conseration centres
- Old Thornhill (nearby)
Vaughan has been called Canada's best shopping city numerous times.
- Thornhill Historic Village
- Thornhill Town Centre (fully open mid-2008?)
- Vaughan Mills Megamall
- Tuscany Place
- Seven/400 Power Centre
- The Interchange
- Market Lane
- Kleinburg Historic Village
Many fine restaurants are located in Vaughan including many event venues.
Vaughan has many hotels and motels from brands such as:
Take public transit to Downtown Toronto or take local flights form nearby Buttonville, Markham, Brampton or Downsview airports. These may include aerial tours.
The region is a gateway to Southern Ontario with tourist attractions including Niagara Falls, Ontario Wine Country and the Niagara Escarpment. Take a day trip to Lake Simcoe or Lake Wilcox. Many parks are located nearby.