| || |
**and many others
**and many others
| || |
Revision as of 18:19, 21 December 2011
- For other places with the same name, see Vaughan (disambiguation).
Vaughan is a city in York Region, in the Greater Toronto Area of Ontario.
Vaughan has convenient superhighways from all around the region. Public transit links are available by TTC, YRT, GO and a dedicated high-speed rail link to Pearson Airport is being built.
As well, TTC subways are coming to Vaughan.
There are two GO train stations.
Public transit is provided to the rest of the region.
- McMichael Canadian Art Gallery, 10365 Islington Avenue, Kleinburg, . daily 10 am to 4 pm, closed December 25.. Excellent collection dominated by the famous Canadian Group of Seven and their comtemporaties CAD 15, discount to families and seniors.
- Canada's Wonderland A theme park that is open seasonally from May to October and contains more than 200 attractions. 15 Roller Coasters, 20 Acre waterpark.
- Kleinburg Conservation Centre
- Other conseration centres
- Old Thornhill (nearby)
Vaughan has been called Canada's best shopping city numerous times.
- Promenade Mall Located at the corner of Bathurst St. and Centre St. Opened in 1986 and has 290,000 sq ft. of retail space with over 175 retailers. Renovated in 2009. Anchors include Sears, T & T Supermarket, The Children's Place, Old Navy, American Eagle Outfitters, Coach, and the second Aroma Espresso Bar in Canada. Movie theatre operated by Rainbow Cinema.
- Thornhill Historic Village
- Thornhill Town Centre (fully open mid-2008?)
- Vaughan Mills, 1 Bass Pro Mills Drive (Rutherford-Highway 400), ☎ 905-879-2110, . Mon-Sat 10:00am-9:00pm; Sun 11:00am-7:00pm. South of Canada's Wonderland, Vaughan Mills could be considered a tourist attraction itself, with 1.2 million square feet of indoor shopping, plus two outdoor power centre area to its south. With fifteen anchor stores, choices include Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World, H&M, The Children's Place, Holt Renfrew Last Call, Tommy Hilfiger, and Urban Behaviour. Lucky Strike Lanes and NASCAR Speedpark are available for entertainment, and food court and full-service dining options are available. The malls is open on most statutory holidays.
- Tuscany Place
- Seven/400 Power Centre
- The Interchange
- Market Lane
- Kleinburg Historic Village
Many fine restaurants are located in Vaughan including many event venues.
Vaughan has many hotels and motels from brands such as:
- Hotel Novotel Toronto Vaughan.
Take public transit to Downtown Toronto or take local flights from nearby Buttonville, Markham, Brampton or Downsview airports. These may include aerial tours.
The region is a gateway to Southern Ontario with tourist attractions including Niagara Falls, Ontario Wine Country and the Niagara Escarpment. Take a day trip to Lake Simcoe or Lake Wilcox. Many parks are located nearby.