Vashon Island is an Island near Seattle,WA.
Vashon Island is accessible by ferry and plane. Ferry terminals are located on the northern and southern ends of the island. There is also a small municipal airport.
The heights dock at Point Vashon on the nothern end of the island has ferry service to Southworth, Fauntleroy, and downtown Seattle.
The Tahlequah Ferry Terminal on the southern end of the island has ferry service to Point Defiance in Tacoma.
- King County Metro Routes #118 & 119  go the full length of the island. The 118 bus goes from one ferry terminal to the other while the 119 goes from the Vashon ferry terminal on the north end to 99th Ave SW & SW 264th St on Maury Island (another little island sticking out from the southwest side of the bigger Vashon Island). Otherwise having a car would be necessary as the buses on the island are infrequent. Some people may bike the distances on the island but must be prepared for the hills in some areas.
- Robinson Point Park and Lighthouse, 3705 SW Pt. Robinson Rd., Dockton, WA. A 10 acre shoreline park with a lighthouse. There are a few hiking trails and picnic tables. The keeper's quarters of the lighthouse have been restored and are available for weekly rental.
- Bike in a Tree, (Near the corner of Vashon Highway and SW 204 St). A bike swollowed up in a tree. This is the actual bike in a tree woven into the story "Red Ranger Came Calling" by Berkeley Breathed
- Vashon Pharmacy, 17617 Vashon Hwy SW · Vashon, WA 98070 (Town Center), ☎ (206) 463-9118. M-F 9AM-7PM Sat 9AM-6PM Sun 11AM-1PM. It's not just a pharmacy. Vashon Pharmacy is more like a huge gift shop.
- Gusto Girls Restaurant, 17629 Vashon Hwy SW · Vashon, WA 98070 (Downtown Vashon), ☎ (206) 463-6626, . 5PM -11PM. Fresh local food.
- The Hardware Store Restaurant, 17601 SW Vashon Hwy · Vashon Island, WA 98070-0369 (SW corner of Bank Rd. and the Highway), ☎ (206) 463-1800, . A nice restaurant in the oldest commercial building on Vashon
- The Red Bicycle, 17618 Vashon Hwy SW, Vashon, WA 98070 (In the middle of town, in the blue and red building), ☎ 206-463-5959, . Formerly known as Bishop's, The Red Bicycle is a local hangout with decent beer and live music on the weekends
- Artist's Studio Loft Bed and Breakfast, 16529 91st Avenue SW Vashon Island, WA 98070, . Peaceful quiet retreat $119-215.
- Pt. Robinson Keepers' Quarters, 3705 SW Pt. Robinson Rd., Dockton, WA, ☎ 206-463-9602 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . $975-1580/wk.