Varberg  is a city in Halland on Sweden's west coast approximately 70km south of Göteborg.
There is no airport in Varberg except for a small landing strip used by private jets, nearest international airport is in Gothenburg which has flights from most airport hubs in Europe.
Comming by rail, Varberg is along the line between Gothenburg and Copenhagen via Malmö with plenty of departures, every hour during the day and more often during mornings and evenings. Travel time from Gothenburg is 40 minutes an three hours from Copenhagen. Connections is also avalible from Borås with six trains daily. There are no direct trains from the capital Stockholm, a change of trains in Gothenburg is necessary.
European highways E6 and E20 passes by just outside the city, the road is in very good standard with speed limits of up to 130 km/h.
A twice-daily passanger ferry by Stena Line  connects Varberg with Grenå in Denmark.
Cykling is also a popular option with several bicykle paths passing through.
The city center is easily accesible by foot. Other options are bicycle and car. There is a public transportation net but not very good.
- Kallbadhuset is a beautiful wooden bathhouse in the ocean near the city center open all year round (has saunas).
- Varberg's Fortress (Varbergs fästning) is an old castle close to the city center. Parts of the castle are open 24/7 while one needs to be in a guided tour to reach other parts.
- Getterön a former island (now connected to the mainland) 2km northwest of Varberg with a bird station and several nice beaches. There is also a beautiful area in the west part.
Get a spa at apelviken or just walk around... Varberg also has some of the best wind surfing in Sweden.
- Ullared Take the bus to Ullared(30km east of Varberg). Ullared is a small town original famous for a huge store called GeKås. Now days the whole town is a mega mall. Worth to experience!
Varberg has several different restaurants and bars serving food. It also has a fish shop in the harbour for those wanting to make their own meal.
Varberg has several bars and a good nightlife in the summer. Most bars are open to 2am on the weekends.
- Cafe Nyfiket, Kungsgatan 20, ☎ 0340-14714. Cafe and sports bar. Watch soccer while having a kanelbulle and a cup of coffee. Offers a cake buffet in the afternoon.
- Best Western Varbergs Stadshotell, Kungsgatan 24-26, ☎ +46(0)340-690100 (email@example.com, fax: 46(0)340-690101), . One of the finest hotels and spas in Sweden, proberly the most high-end you can get in town. Rooms starts at 1195 SEK per night.
- Hotell Gästis, Borgmästaregatan 1, ☎ +46(0)340–18050 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . A small family-run hotel located in the heart of Varberg, the basement houses the Lenin Baths, a spa establishment made as a replica of a bath in Saint Petersburg often used by Lenin. From 995 SEK per night.
- Radio Station Grimeton, . The only remaining radio station of the 1920s long wave network is on the UNESCO World Heritage List. Situated 10 km east of the city.