Valparaiso  is a city in Porter County, in Northwestern Indiana.
- V-line  - runs a shuttle bus service Friday-Sunday to and from the South Shore Line's Dune Park train station in Chesterton once every two hours (the trip takes half an hour each way, give or take five minutes)
- V-line  - city bus service includes four routes that connect to various destinations throughout the city. Red and Brown Line run all week, while Yellow and Green line run Monday-Saturday. The Brown Line doesn't run when Valparaiso University is not in session.
- Brauer Museum of Art (at the Valparaiso University Center for the Arts), 1709 Chapel Dr, ☎ +1 219 464-5365 (fax: +1 219 464-5244), .
- Indiana Aviation Museum, 4601 Murvihill Rd, ☎ +1 219 548-3123 (fax: +1 219 929-1349), . Sa 10AM-4PM, Su 1PM-4PM (May-Oct).
- The Old Jail Museum, 153 Franklin St, ☎ +1 219 465-3595, .
- Valparaiso University, .
- Annual Valparaiso Popcorn Festival 
- Chicago Street Theatre 
- Valparaiso Memorial Opera House 
- Valparaiso University Theatre 
- Kelsey's Steak House  2300 Morthland Dr, +1 219 465-4022. A famous regional steakhouse known for their "6 Lb. Challenge." Eat three 32-oz top sirloin steaks, potato, salad and bread within one hour and your dinner is free. If not, you get to pay a big $42.95. You have to make reservations to take "the challenge" and if you win you get your picture on the website. Fresh seafood and steak is served up all evening. The earlier you arrive the better - grab a late lunch or early dinner - around 4pm - or you'll be swarmed by families, retirees, and large parties. Closed Mondays.
- Don Quijote, 119 Lincolnway, ☎ +1 219 462-7976, . One of the only Spanish restaurants in Indiana; Don Quijote is a pleasant treat. It features unique dishes and has a romantic and exotic atmosphere that will invite you to stay for hours.
- Bon Femme, 66 W Lincolnway, ☎ +1 219 531-0612. A wonderful restaurant featuring a spectacular menu influenced by traditional American and French accent flavors. Bon Femme will certainly leave you satisfied and eager to come back on your next romantic date. $$$.
- Duffy's Place, 1154 Axe Ave, ☎ +1 219 462-1057. A dive bar with a great atmosphere. Is it possible? Yes, and for that reason Duffy's Place has become a hotbed for nightlife activities in Valparaiso. A common place for college students to come since it is within walking distance of the university. They have some great specialty nights and they definitely won't break your bank. $.
- Best Western Expressway Inn, 760 Morthland Drive, +1 219 464-8555, Fax: +1 219 477-2492, .
- Courtyard Valparaiso, 2301 E. Morthland Drive-U.S. 30 East, +1 219 465-1700, Fax: +1 219 477-2430, .
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Valparaiso, 2101 E Morthland Drive, +1 219 465-6225, Fax: +1 219 464-9590, .
|Routes through Valparaiso