| majorr1=[[Los Angeles]]
| majorr1=[[Los Angeles]]
[[San Fernando ]] |+|
| minorr1=San Fernando
| || |
Revision as of 02:04, 31 May 2009
Valencia is a district area of the city of Santa Clarita in the Santa Clarita Valley. It's famed locally for its oranges, but better known as the home of the Six Flags Magic Mountain amusement park.
The 260-acre (1.0-km2) park lies on a hillside west of interstate 5, which runs north-south through Valencia. Take the Magic Mountain/McBean Parkway exit in either direction and follow the signs to the park.
- Southland Yellow Cab Co (661) 723-2227
- United Taxi of Los Angeles (661) 267-9850
- Yellow Cab of Santa Clarita (661) 260-2227
Six Flags Magic Mountain - The flagship park of the Six Flags franchise of theme parks, Magic Mountain is currently the largest roller-coaster park in the world, although this record tends to see-saw between them and Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio. If you are planning on going to Magic Mountain, plan to spend the entire day. The park is open weekends & holidays thoughout the year, and open daily from Memorial Day though Labor Day. Admission price is $59.99 per person. Parking is another $15.
The gift shops and eateries in the park are not cheap! Expect to pay very high retail on trinkets that are "customized" merely with an imprint of the Six Flags moniker. The quality of the food is comparable to fast food fare, and you can expect to spend 20 USD for lunch for two not including drinks. The cost is partially justified as an offset to maintainence and development costs.
- Papalino's, 24135 Magic Mountain Pkwy, ☎ +1 661 259-9345 (fax: +1 661 259-9864), . Homemade salad, pasta, and Italian food. Family atmosphere. Counter service.
Doc's Inn, Somewhere on Lyons Ave. Be wary of the mid-weekers.
- Courtyard by Marriott Santa Clarita, 28523 Westinghouse Place, ☎ 661-257-3220 (fax: 661-257-3221), . As the newest face in the Santa Clarita valley, the Courtyard by Marriott Santa Clarita offers exceptional guest service and award-winning expertise. Our AAA-Three Diamond award winning Santa Clarita hotel is situated among beautiful landscape of Santa Clarita just minutes from many attractions. Six Flags Magic Mountain and Six Flags Hurricane Harbor are just 3 miles from the Courtyard by Marriott Santa Clarita.
- Best Western Valencia Inn, 27413 Wayne Mills Place, ☎ +1 661 255-0555 (toll free: +1 800 944-7446, fax: +1 661 255-2216), .
- Comfort Suites, 25380 N. The Old Road, ☎ +1 661 254-7700, .
- Econo Lodge, 49713 Gorman Post Rd, ☎ +1 661 248-6411, .
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 27513 Wayne Mills Pl, ☎ +1 661 284-2101, .
- Rodeway Inn Magic Mountain, 31558 Castaic Rd, ☎ +1 661 295-1100, .