Uva is a region in Sri Lanka.
- Badulla is the capital city of Uva Province. It is a romantic spot surrounded by tea plantations.
- Moneragala town is located about 50 k.m. from Badulla on the highway n°4 leading to Pottuvil on the eastern coast.
The train journey from Colombo to Badulla keeps about 9 hours. Trains run along the Mahaweli River Valley among green mountains, offering splendid wiews on the highlands, tea crops and countless waterfalls.
- Buduruwagala Rock Carvings Five kilometres south of Wellawaya, on the road to Tissa there are seven statues carved out of a rock. The tallest one, depicting the Buddha, is 50 feet tall. Buduruwagala means "stone images of the Buddha"
- 'The Maligawila Buddha statue carved out of stone, stands in a blessing posture. It is 37 feet and 10 inches tall. The spot is close to Buttala village.
- The Uda Walawe National Park was established in 1972 to protect the Walawe reservoir. Wildlife includes elephants, crocodiles, jackals, buffalo etc.
- The Maduru Oya National Park 300 k.m. away from Colombo in the dry zone. The fashinating Veddas tribes, members of any of the aboriginal people of Sri Lanka, are still living in the Park.
- Dunhinda Falls 3 k.m. from Badulla town
- Manawela Falls 12 k.m. from Welimada
- 'Bandarawela Hotel - Rooms 36
- Orient Hotel - Tel. 2252561/2 - Rooms 36
- Queens Hotel - Rooms 90 -
- Badulla New Tourist Inn 122, Dunhinda Falls Road Badulla - Tel. 055-23423 30. -
- Dunhinda Falls Inn 35/11 1/1, Bandaranaike Mw - Tel. 055-22406,23028 20 - -
- Eagle's Nest 159, Lower Street - Tel. 055-22841 13
- River Side Holiday Inn 27, Lower King Street - Tel. 055-22090 6