Uttar Pradesh is a state in the Plains region of India.
- Lucknow - the capital
- Agra - home of the Taj Mahal
- Allahabad - a holy place where the rivers Ganga and Yamuna meet.
- Ayodhya - ancient city and the old capital of Awadh
- Jhansi - historic city where Queen Laxmibai fought for freedom from the British in the revolt of 1857
- Kanpur - once known as the "Manchester of India", now famous for its leather works and the IIT
- Mathura - birthplace of Krishna
- Varanasi - holy city on the Ganges
- GORAKHPUR-HISTORIC CITY..famous for chauri chaura incidence