Hello Travelgeek! Welcome to Wikitravel.
Unfortunatelly I had to delete the Oz page you created. We appreciate the article but it is better to wait until 4/1/2013 to create it. Please feel free to propose an article on discussion page for jokes article beforehand. Since no joke article was created past year, we are sure that there will be a lot of support to do so this year but first the consensus must be reached within the community.
To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page.
If you need help, check out Wikitravel:Help, or post a message in the travellers' pub. -- IBAlex 14:56, 21 November 2012 (EST)
- Hi Travelgeek! Thank you for all your contributions to WT, highly appreciated! Great job on Eurasia By Train page! Keep it up! Warm regards, IBAlex 20:49, 10 January 2013 (EST)
- Hello there! Your contributions to The Mediterranean By Ferry have been great! Keep up the good work! --OVK 10:25, 21 January 2013 (EST)
Hi! I saw that you created this interesting page. Are you planning on working on it further? Maybe adding some pictures? I know that you tried to include all the most known cities but there are still many many more places worth visiting in Switzerland, Austria, Greece, Eastern Europe, Balkans, ... Warm regards, IBAlex 18:20, 22 January 2013 (EST)
This barnstar is to show you appreciation for your great work on Wikitravel! Outstanding job with pages like Eurasia By Train, Alexandria to Cape Town by train and bus, The Mediterranean By Ferry. Great pictures and valuable information. I am truly looking forward to seeing more contributions from you! Thank you --IBAlex 18:10, 6 February 2013 (EST)
Thank you. I appreciate the barnstar.
Okay, 220.127.116.11, whoever you are, I need to talk to you. I am truly, honestly sorry if I offended you by only putting visa information for US citizens on my "Alexandria to Cape Town by train and bus" itinerary. I am not defending why I didn't include it, but I do want to explain why.
- 1. It would take a long time for me to research and type out visa information for citizens of every country. If it really bothers you, you are perfectly welcome to go and add it under "Prepare".
- 2. I don't think that anyone wants to scroll through visa info for 190+ countries. Do you?
- 3. Itineraries are not meant to solely provide visa conditions. You may, however, create a "Visa Information" page under "Travel topics". In fact, I think that this would be a great addition to Wikitravel!
Again, I am very sorry for offending you. I hope that we can put all of this behind us. Thank you. —The preceding comment was added by Travelgeek (talk • contribs) 21:10, 23 March 2013 UTC
- That ip address has been blocked for 3 months, and I doubt they'er watching your talk page, so you might like to copy your very conciliatory message here: User_talk:18.104.22.168 ? --118dot93dot73dot30 22:41, 23 March 2013 (EDT)
Hi Travelgeek, your harmed page should be restored by now. ~Should you need anything else, please let us know PierrB (talk) 13:45, 7 April 2013 (EDT)
thank you!!! Travelgeek (talk) 15:45, 9 April 2013 (EDT)
Hey, Travelgeek! Thanks for staying alert! :) Sorry for putting June's DOM with a short delay but here it is...Hong Kong. Would you like to help us choose June's Off the Beaten Path destination? We would be happy to get your suggestions. Thanks! IBAlex (talk) 14:35, 4 June 2013 (EDT)
Thanks, but it's nothing. I just want the main page to look GREAT. As for the OTBP for June, I think that Jacksonville, St. Augustine, or Cuc Phuong National Park would be good. They all need improvement, though, but I'll only be able to help with the first two.
- Thank you Travelgeek for your quick response and the willingness to work on the 2 articles you suggested! I believe St. Augustine would a better choice as it's a lesser-known travel destination than Jacksonville and has something unique- the oldest European settlement in the United States. I would suggest putting more pictures, do you have any? I have checked Wikitravel Shared and we have only those 3 that are featured in the article. Also, maybe elaborating more on the sections See and Do, what do you think? It would be great to fill out section Drink with more information. Do you think you can help with that? Cheers! IBAlex (talk) 19:24, 4 June 2013 (EDT)
I'll try! St. Augustine is a great place to visit; I don't know why it's not a bigger tourist destination.Travelgeek (talk) 15:56, 5 June 2013 (EDT)
- Thanks a lot! Cheers! IBAlex (talk) 16:05, 5 June 2013 (EDT)
Hey Travelgeek! Have you checked the Main Page recently? Cheers! IBAlex (talk) 15:04, 18 June 2013 (EDT)
- Yes, I saw it! :D Thanks so much!!!!!!
- You are more than welcome! It's a great destination! Travelgeek, we are really counting on you to add more information :) Thank you! Cheers! IBAlex (talk) 18:24, 19 June 2013 (EDT)
- I just got back from St. Augustine. I have photos of Flagler College, the Pirate Museum, Ripley's Believe It Or Not!, and the City Hall/Lightner Museum. Which ones should I add to the article?
- What a great news! Travelgeek, please add all of them, as there are currently only 3 pictures in the article. Do you know how to upload pictures? We do it via Wikitravel Shared. If you need me to explain how to do it, please let me know. Thanks a lot! Cheers! IBAlex (talk) 14:00, 24 June 2013 (EDT)
- No, I don't know how to upload photos. Sorry. If you could explain it, that would be great, but I can probably figure out how.