This page is for discussing the corresponding article or guide. For questions, comments, or personal stories about this destination or topic, visit Wikitravel Extra. For more about using talk pages check out Wikitravel:Using talk pages.
To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style, as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page. If you need help, check out Wikitravel:Help, or post a message in the travellers' pub.
- Hi, changed the lead picture on the Wales article from a rather tired looking picture of Snowdonia for Worms Head in Swansea... This picture is brighter, but not especially characteristic of Wales. Please feel free to change if you can find something better... Cheers... Frequenttrekker 14:23, 12 August 2008 (EDT)
Great job on Edinburgh
Hi Mark. I'm currently copyediting the Edinburgh page and all the district articles and at the present I'm working on New Town. I just want to say that your bar reviews are great, they're written with colour and flair, and contain good anecdotes. I've worked in the travel publishing industry for years and you definitely have talent as a travel writer. --MarinaK 15:23, 21 August 2008 (EDT)MarinaK.
- Thanks Marina, though I can't take the credit for all of them as some were simply cut and pasted out of the main Edinburgh article when I districtified it! Tarr3n 08:37, 22 August 2008 (EDT)
- Hi Mark, I've just read your comments on my talk page and looked at Edinburgh. It seems that you have done some good work districtifying the article. My comments about not doing so were a long time ago and it seems to me that districts now are a good idea - giving space for more info. -- DanielC 14:51, 9 September 2008 (EDT)
- Cheers! As I was posting something in there I thought it was only polite to have a bit of a tidy up!
Thanks for the explanation of how to pronounce the name of the town... In Swansea, we don't get much exposure to the Welsh language... By the way, thanks for agreeing to the change I made to the main picture on the Wales page... Originally, I didn't think it was so representative of Wales - until you pointed out the sheep in the picture... now if there had only been a few daffodils as well... HAHAHA... Frequenttrekker 12:07, 12 September 2008 (EDT)
- No worries. I'm sure some of my old school teachers would approve of me evangelising the language - even in such a small way! I'm heading down to Tywyn in a couple of weeks time, so I would attempt to put together such a picture. A nice view with sheep in it should be easy enough - but at this time of year it would have to be the inflatable daffodil I take to rugby matches. Tarr3n 04:45, 17 September 2008 (EDT)
Thanks for the upgrade of Morogoro to "usable city guide" ! Alingelb 09:49, 30 September 2008 (EDT)
- Hi Albert. Great job on Morogoro and no need to thank me for re-tagging - I think it more than qualifies for usable status. Tarr3n 09:54, 30 September 2008 (EDT)
How to districtify
Hello again; thanks for your input on the Glasgow discussion about the transition to 'huge city'. Could you tell me if there's a step by step guide to districtifying, or perhaps some tips you can offer about how to go about it. Thanks Jamesbrownontheroad 16:01, 30 June 2009 (EDT)