Hello, Oriolbcn! Welcome to Wikitravel.
We appreciate your contribution to Marrakech, Madrid and Barcelona and its district articles. If you haven's seen before, I encourage you to read Wikitravel:Welcome, business owners and use our Manual of style as a guideline for your edits.
As for your recent change in Barcelona, I reverted it as we all should move all listings from Barcelona's main article, not to populate it with new listings (see Wikitravel:Huge city article template#Sleep). Centric point is in Eixample, and others are in Ciutat Vella.
Please only add the listings to district articles--and help us to move there what's left in Barcelona#Sleep if you know the city pretty well.
Anyway, if you need help with anything, check out Wikitravel:Help, or post a message in the travellers' pub.
Regards, --DenisYurkin 03:37, 16 September 2007 (EDT)
- Hey DenisYurkin! Thanks for the tips, the reason why I was writing them back in the main page is because either all of the hotels are on the main page or they are in each district, but it doesn't seems to make sense to have some here and some there. Strange case the kabul hostel: is listed in the district page and in the main page even when is cristal clear which is the distric where it belongs (there's a link to the "ciutat vella"...).
- I was about to move all hostels to their districts, but then I realised there are lots of Apartments and Hotels, etc. listed in the main site. I can also move them all if you want. I know the city very well. Please advise what should I do. Many thanks for your help. --User:Oriolbcn
- You are right, there're tons of listings to be sorted into districts, we even have a banner asking for help: Barcelona#Sleep :-)
- Please plunge forward and help us. Your suggestion in User talk:DenisYurkin#Barcelona districts is fine, please move the listings into their districts--after all, if there's anything wrong, someone will help us to find it out. --DenisYurkin 13:31, 17 September 2007 (EDT)
- Thanks for advising Denis, I'll do it. --Oriolbcn
- Thank you for first step with hostels listings. I would be really grateful if you could also help with the rest of the Sleep section... --DenisYurkin 04:10, 19 September 2007 (EDT)
Thanks for your effort, I've just tried to finish it. I moved your comment from my talk page to Talk:Barcelona. Actually, I've left a couple of questions there--if you feel like it. --DenisYurkin 13:45, 19 September 2007 (EDT)
In the meanwhile, I added a couple of comments in Talk:Barcelona--I would be very grateful if you help us with your knownledge of districts. --DenisYurkin 05:01, 3 October 2007 (EDT)
-- Hey Denis, do we have a consensus on the district issue? I posted a suggestion a few days ago, but there's no reaction. Do we have to do it this way? --Oriolbcn 16 october 2007
- I've just finished visualizing your description, posted my detailed comment in Talk:Barcelona. See you there. --DenisYurkin 16:46, 15 October 2007 (EDT)
- Sorry for disturbing you again, I just wondered maybe you could help to find some answers to some further questions on the districts? The questions are just there. --05:38, 10 November 2007 (EST)
Today, I've updated the map--split Ciutat Vella into quarters; it can be seen at the same address at Google Maps. --DenisYurkin 15:49, 10 November 2007 (EST)
- Hey Denis, I've been away for some time. But I'm back and I answered your questions in the barcelona talk page. I think the maps and the descriptions are almost ready to be displayed. Regards. --Oriolbcn 23:15, 3 december
- Thanks for your comments. I will update the map and drop you a line for a final check. Maybe you'd like to receive an email from me when I have something to show? If so, can you leave an email address here / drop it to firstname.lastname@example.org? If not, I will just leave a message here. Thanks a lot. --DenisYurkin 13:11, 4 December 2007 (EST)
- Absolutely, sure. My e-mail address is: email@example.com. Anytime. Oriolbcn 28 dec 2007
I have one more question left--where exactly are borders of Barceloneta?
Where exactly is the border of La Barceloneta? Where is it on northern-west? And for seaside area, same questions as for Ciutat Vella as a whole: which of these should be included: Moll de Ponent, Moll 18A/Moll18C, Passeig Escullera, Maremagnum, Marina Village, Moda Shopping Port Olympic, all of them?
--DenisYurkin 15:37, 11 January 2008 (EST)