It's not often these days that I get to welcome a brand new administrator on the English variety of Wikitravel - so it's a double pleasure - especially since it is obvious from your edits today that you already know the ropes!
Indeed, perhaps you could give me some tips, Otso?
I've searched for you over on the Finnish and Swedish varieties of Wikitravel but couldn't locate you; perhaps you could tell me what User names(s) you use there and/or modify your User page here, Otso?
Keep warm! --W. Franke-mailtalk 10:32, 20 October 2012 (EDT)
- Thank you for your warm welcome Frank! Regarding the Finnish and Swedish versions my User name is the same, but those ones are still of minor priority compared to the English one.
- I would also want to express my admiration on your efforts on this site. When I first started browsing the site your name came up quite a lot and all of it has been really positive. You are a great asset to the community and I'll make sure to pass on a good word for you. (= --OVK 04:50, 21 October 2012 (EDT)
- I've noticed you often use the same (defective) phrase on your prolific anti-touting edit summaries:
- "Listing looks like an add, please read our policies in listings and touting"
- Since I assume you are pasting this edit summary, a slightly more informative effort might be internally linked thus:
- Listing looks like an advert; please read our policies and don't tout!
- Best regards! --singaporeAlice 02:29, 28 November 2012 (EST)
- Hello there Alice, you are absolutely right. I was planning to do that but it just slipped my mind somehow.. anyways thank you very much your contributions are a great asset to this website!
- Warm regards from cold Finland --OVK 02:35, 28 November 2012 (EST)
- Happy New Year and I hope this next one is more prosperous than the last! --22.214.171.124 05:43, 31 December 2012 (EST)
- Thank you, may yours be prosperous as well! --OVK 07:47, 31 December 2012 (EST)
Just wanted to say your work as an administrator has been noticed and appreciated. Very glad to have you aboard :) --IBobi 15:44, 14 January 2013 (EST)