Hello and welcome to Wikitravel. Please note that adding your business multiple times to either one or multiple articles is considered spamming, and is not allowed here. Please read Welcome, business owners, which should clear up any questions you might have on this matter. Your business is already listed on Nusa Lembongan, and it is important that you stop adding your business further—if you persist, your website may be added to our spam blacklist, which would hurt your search engine ranking. --Peter Talk 16:12, 2 August 2009 (EDT)
- Hi Brian, thank you for your response on my talk page User_talk:Jc8136#Nusa_Lembongan_page_and_Mainski which is appreciated. Wikitravel is a community you can participate in as a business owner and espcially in less developed areas as NL it is seen as positive because at least you know the area;-) Regards, jan 07:28, 15 September 2009 (EDT)
- If you think/know that other business owners have made unappropriate entries, please state on the talk page of the article the reason and then change it. NL has space for improvement. If in doubt please do not hesitate to contact e.g. User User:Burmesedays which is down in that area and quite experienced. I know Bali only as a regular returning tourist... jan 07:32, 15 September 2009 (EDT)
Hi Brian. I repeat here the response to your message at User_talk:Jc8136#Nusa_Lembongan_page_and_Mainski. Cheers.
Most importantly, thanks for your response and understanding. Jan and Peter may have their own responses but I thank you for pointing out that some other establishments on the island have multiple entries in eat and sleep categories. I can see that this is indeed the case and will make the necessary edits. I should have spotted the Batu Karang/Muntigs conflict myself having been to both several times!. As a Wikitravel user you can of course make any of these edits yourself - if there is anything you do not agree with or wish to add (within the Wikitravel guidelines), then just go ahead, make the edit and explain why in the edit dialogue box. Wikitravel's guideline is that any business should only be listed in one category so I doubt that exceptions can be made despite your well reasoned argument. We should wait for an administrator's view on that though. And thank you for noticing and appreciating the improvement in the Nusa Lembongan article. I have put a fair amount of effort into this and it is nice that a business owner on the island has noticed this. On the map... yep, I know that already as Baruna/World Diving pointed out to me a while back. There are a couple of other minor errors which will be put right. --Burmesedays 07:47, 15 September 2009 (EDT)
- In response to your message posted here; I think the separate listings for Lulur Spa and the Tanis boat transfer service (which is public) are distinctly different enough from their respective accomodation businesses to warrant separate listings and stay within the Wikitravel guidelines. The Tanis sunset dinner cruise though probably belongs within their sleep listing. World Diving is there as a dive shop listing and Pondok Baruna as accomodation. I also think that is within the guidelines. I see that you have added profiles of your bar and restaurant in the Mainski sleep listing - a good move I think. Also, for the benfit of your business, I suggest that you delete the existing pictures and add 2 new ones. You have much better pictures on your website.
- A final house-keeping request is to ask that future comments about this specific article are made on the relevant talk page here. Cheers. --Burmesedays 01:51, 18 September 2009 (EDT)
- Hi Brian, I have seen your comment and in general agree with Burmeseday. Could you do me a favour an sign your name with the ~ ~ ~ ~ when you edit a talk page? Then your comments are easier to see between others. I will have a closer look over the weekend on the NL page and then state my opinion. Thanks for your further contribution jan 03:30, 18 September 2009 (EDT)