- User talk:Jpatokal/2009
- User talk:Jpatokal/2008
- User talk:Jpatokal/2007
- User talk:Jpatokal/2006
- User talk:Jpatokal/2005
- User talk:Jpatokal/2004
Discussions for you
Hey Jani, your opinion is desired at Talk:Singapore#New article for Pulau Ubin?. Also, I wondered if you might have any advice re this map of the Maldives—it was an unusually tricky map to create. --Peter Talk 13:54, 11 January 2010 (EST)
Any Bali feedback
I guess you got back safely :) Hope all went well. If you have any feedback on Bali listings (or new ones), please fire away. --Burmesedays 03:31, 13 January 2010 (EST)
先日JpatokalさんがSharedにアップしたバタム島の画像を日本語版にも使わせていただきました。できればお時間があるときに"NagoyaHill FoodStreet"（「名古屋ヒル？」面白い名前ですね :-) ）の簡単な解説を書いてもらえませんか？よろしくお願いします--Shoestring 15:53, 2 February 2010 (EST)
- ナゴヤ・ヒルだけでなく、いろいろ加筆していただいてありがとうございました。やはり名古屋が関係している名前でしたか。--Shoestring 08:27, 3 February 2010 (EST)
Make sure you are sitting down...
....when you read this. That Ubud won the award for top city in Asia is just about believable, but one hell of an achievement nonetheless. But this? If you take the top scores of all cities in the world, Ubud is fifth! I am stunned. Bali sadly lost (just) its perennial top island spot to The Maldives. --Burmesedays 02:50, 8 February 2010 (EST)
I never knew there was something like this on the wikia projects until I saw your profile on wiktionary :) I like it, it's pretty fun. Haven't you ever visited the Netherlands? We like to welcome you soon! 22.214.171.124 14:08, 15 February 2010 (EST)
There's a lengthy discussion at Wikitravel talk:Naming conventions#Latin Characters, and a point was raised about why Vietnamese is an exception to the "use the Latin alphabet including accents/diacritics" rule. Since you wrote Wikitravel:Romanization#Vietnamese you would seem to be the expert on the matter, so can you add your thoughts? Thanks! -- Ryan • (talk) • 22:51, 16 February 2010 (EST)
Help with mapmaking
I've been trying to use the osmatravel scripts (I run Linux) to make a map of Riga, but I have a hard time understanding some of the instructions, namely where I'm supposed to draw the boundary and how I'm supposed to configure the tags.
Thanks, Rastapopulous 15:07, 15 April 2010 (EDT)
I want to serve the Chinese bureaucracy, the operator.
I want to serve the Chinese bureaucracy, the operator.
please give me Chinese sysop and bureaucrats Thanks you.
--用戶 03:21, 15 July 2010 (EDT)
Enabling the Add Listing feature
Hi there. I've been trying to get the listing form editor working for pt:. I added the edit tools successfully and I've translated the labels for the listings editor and they show up fine in Portuguese when you access it from the edit button of a listing already in template format (example: pt:Viana do Castelo#Coma, but there is no section button to add a listing. Do you know how to enable that? Texugo 01:19, 7 September 2010 (EDT)
- Not sure, Internet Brands probably needs to do some magic... Jpatokal 07:10, 7 September 2010 (EDT)
- It was some time ago, but if I remember correctly, all I had to do, was to copy the Wikitravel:Edit tools from here to wt:nl to make it work. --Rein N. 07:34, 7 September 2010 (EDT)
Hi, Jpatokal I noticed that "User:Msnhinet8" in Chinese wikitraval might be a vandalist who was blocked at Chinese wikipedia. I think adminins may have to watch him/her. Thanks. Mok 21:09, 10 September 2010 (EDT)
Hi. I wonder if you could tell me how to edit the main left-hand navigation box. Pt:'s navigation box doesn't have a link to its traveller's pub. Texugo 23:17, 16 September 2010 (EDT)
- I think only admin/bureaucrats (maybe even just the tech crew) can do that. I brought up another issue regarding interlanguage links from Main Pages and recent changes here . ChubbyWimbus 01:23, 17 September 2010 (EDT)
- Thanks Peter! Problem solved. Texugo 01:26, 18 September 2010 (EDT)
またお時間のあるときに日本語版にも遊びに来てください（よろしくお願いします）。--Shoestring 07:11, 13 November 2010 (EST)
Hey Jani, there's this letter that looks like a p with the top poking out a little more than usual... I assume it's a Roman character since it is supported by my Nokia (the 9 wxyz key) while texting... Which letter is that exactly? upamanyu
Advice requested: Jeju page restructuring
Hey mate, last week I gave the Jeju page a roadtest -- without a car -- and found it just horrendously difficult to use. Ended up relying on a fistful of soulless brochures and browsing over odds and ends of Jeju Life on my phone. Sure, theres info missing and lacking in places, but that stuff comes with time. My concern was that some of the info actually there was lain out in such a jumbled and confused manner that I couldn't use all of what was there. Basic navigation info proved confusing and I think that's related to the article structure. I've thought about this a bit and come up with what I feel is a solution, albeit a bit unorthodox so I want a second opinion. A cross between splitting the article and following a Huge City template-esque structure. As you seem to have a fairly large interest in the South Korean articles I figured you'd be a good one to ask. I've detailed the proposal and the rationale behind it on the Talk page and I'm quite willing to play around with it myself whilst adding bits and bobs I've picked up. If you get a moment, could you please have a quick read and throw me some feedback or an opinion?
Also, any advice (or links to advice) on making consistent "Wikitravel-style" maps would be greatly appreciated as I can see a couple of articles begging for them. Cheers!
PS: Keep an eye out for snakes hey! I was living in Batchelor down beside Litchfield only a few years back for a few months. 4m python outside my door one night coming back from the pub. Harmless unlike the death adders I regularly spotted (have the photos to prove it too, my students scream if I pull them out). Snave 08:42, 31 January 2011 (EST)
Region and town quickbars
Hi there. How are you doing? A resurgent suggestion has come from a relatively new user about making quickbars for city and region articles, and I would really love to hear your opinion on it. When you get a chance, could you possibly join in this discussion? texugo 02:52, 21 May 2011 (EDT)
Sinulle on täällä kommentti.
Bangkok Airport Bus
Hey Jpatokal, are you sure the Bangkok Airport Bus has stopped operations? That would be a tragic loss, I've used it not that long ago! :( I am looking for a source for more information on this, but I cannot find any. Do you have one? --globe-trotter 08:15, 13 June 2011 (EDT)
- Thanks! --globe-trotter 10:24, 19 June 2011 (EDT)
It started 10/06 last time. Digr 13:09, 15 July 2011 (EDT)
As should be obvious, especially in this case, fork discussions are not appropriate at WT. I have removed your two topics, as they amount to a backdoor method of undermining this community.--IBobi 16:14, 2 July 2012 (EDT)
- There is no such thing as an "inappropriate discussion" on Wikitravel: the previous Wikivoyage fork has been discussed here extensively, and the future fork will be discussed here as well, like it or not. Reverting Talk pages is considered vandalism, and your actions will be treated as censorship. You're in a hole already, stop digging it deeper. jpatokal 19:57, 2 July 2012 (EDT)
- I certainly disagree that an action that can be taken by any Wikitraveler (and was reverted in minutes) could be considered "censorship," even though I am an IB employee; I am also a WTer, and I used no tools or methods that are not available to even the most anonymous of editors. In addition, there is support in the community for the idea that fork talk is inappropriate, which is what led to my action. Completely within the rules of this project.
- Just the same, as you have seen, at least 3 WTers have raised an issue with your discussion, and more specifically your links to the fork talk on WM. I see no support for discussing it on WT and two other admins asking for the links to be removed, so it's up to you, but you may consider removing the link to fall in line with community thinking on this. Thanks for listening.--IBobi 17:13, 10 July 2012 (EDT)
- You've now inappropriately posted two links to the competing travel fork discussion and a link to your personal blog. Please remove these three external links as they directly contravene the policy against external links and competing travel sites on WT.--IBobi talk email 13:27, 12 July 2012 (EDT)
Hi Jani, I have again reverted your changes to the fi: sitenotice. Please do not use the sitenotice feature to promote or discuss a fork of Wikitravel. You may see the discussion in the Pub for my reasons, of which I believe you are already aware. Thank you, --IBobi talk email 14:10, 23 July 2012 (EDT)