To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style, as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page. If you need help, check out Wikitravel:Help, or post a message in the travellers' pub. --globe-trotter 12:53, 30 October 2011 (EDT)
Great work on Polish and Ukrainian destinations! Much appreciated. --Globe-trotter 08:58, 24 November 2011 (EST)
- Thank you! Some of them are a little neglected so I decided to help. Jjtk 03:25, 25 November 2011 (EST)
Hi, Jjtk. You are doing a marvelous job! I just want to ask you to do something I, too, didn't realize was necessary at first: When you edit an article, please mark it as patrolled first. That doesn't mean you approved of the previous edit; it just shows others that you already took care of the problem.
All my best to you,
Ikan Kekek 04:25, 7 January 2012 (EST)
- Oh, OK. I thought that with 'undoing' it was done automatically. Thanks. Jjtk 06:44, 7 January 2012 (EST)
- I think it's supposed to be automatic with "rollback" (I'm not sure it actually is all the time), but it definitely is not for "undo." Ikan Kekek 10:54, 7 January 2012 (EST)
- I was reminded that you actually do have to mark an article as "patrolled" before you undo any edit, and you don't have another method for reverting changes. Sorry for being a bit unclear about this before. Ikan Kekek 06:42, 16 January 2012 (EST)
Great to see all the patrolling you are doing. I noticed you patrol one edit at a time, which is ok, but you can patrol more at a time if you go to 'preferences' > 'Recent changes' and then click 'enhanced recent changes', --ClausHansen 09:06, 13 January 2012 (EST)
Wedding dresses - Łódź
I tend to disagree with your removal of that information. I know of numerous (20+ people) travelers (Westerners) who go to Poland (Łódź, Kraków) to buy cheap wedding dresses because they heard that you can buy it very cheap there. Even I bought myself a wedding dress in Łódź when I stayed there - and I am from Oslo where the prices of wedding garments go through the roof so I think most Norwegians (at least) would appreciate such info.
That's the reason why I included such information in the article. I would be happy if you could give me your arguments for removing the "wedding dress" section. Łódź is (was) known for its textile industry and I find some validity for including such info. We can discuss the form in which it should be presented, but I think the purpose is clear.
Hi there, I see that you have edited the Urban Camping page, I was just interested if there is any possibility to contact as I am interested in doing the same?
- Sorry, I just deleted a space in front of exclamation mark in that article. I know nothing on the subject itself. Jjtk 07:59, 22 January 2012 (EST)
Nice maps—it's always great to see new contributors interested in a little hobbyist cartography! I saw you were soliciting feedback, so I hope you don't mind mine:
- On the districts overview map, the central districts get a little bit lost. Perhaps try slightly more muted colors on the big districts and something a bit bolder for the small central ones? Darkening the district names text might help a bit too.
- It would be great to add the scale and compass to the overview map. Also, do you plan to show any further district breakdowns (e.g., where is Zwierzyniec?)
- For Image:Krakow Kazimierz map.png (another pretty map!), I would really recommend enlarging text to make it easier to read, either when printed, or simply viewed in the article. Right now it's quite hard to read the street names and building names in particular. I usually aim for in-article readability, so that people can just print out the article and read the map without having to try and print it separately through a different program. Maybe the end aesthetic isn't what you prefer though—take a look at Image:West End map.png.
Lastly, it would be nice to fix up Kraków#Districts to use the regionlist template. I usually just copy the basic code from, say, Peru#Districts, and then change the names and colors accordingly and add descriptions.
- Hey, thank you for help! I agree, the colours on Kraków map might be overwhelming and Kazimierz is unreadable, I'll update them over the weekend.
- The thing about breaking districts down... what I really want to do is change the whole Kraków structure - like I wrote it on Talk , add Kraków/Zwierzyniec and Kraków/Krowodrza (which is empty and most likely not gonna get better) to make West, add Kraków/Dębniki (emptyish again) and Kraków/Podgórze to make South. And rename Kraków/Nowa Huta to East. That way we'll avoid confusing situation where smaller districts act as representatives for huge areas.
- If there'll be no opposition to this I'll do the change and then the description and coloring.
- Thanks again! -- Jjtk 05:31, 10 February 2012 (EST)
Hi, Jjtk. I accidentally rolled back your latest edit of Limanowa, then rolled back my own action. Sorry for the mistake, but no harm was done, in the end.
All the best,
Ikan Kekek 02:42, 3 March 2012 (EST)
No problem! Jjtk 03:48, 3 March 2012 (EST)
Hi, I also want to welcome you. I've tended to limit my editing in recent years, but it's great to see a Pole interested on the site. It's tough to get these Polish destinations into shape, but hopefully it'll be easier with your help. I plan to start working on Warsaw (Mieszkam w Warszawie) soon, but I've been so busy lately. -- Sapphire • (Talk) • 19:11, 9 March 2012 (EST)
- Cześć! It's a great site and Polish destinations are slightly underdeveloped, but it seems Warsaw is in better shape than Kraków was few months ago. It badly needs maps and I think I'll get to it sometime in near future. Jjtk 03:23, 10 March 2012 (EST)
During the last days I had a conversation with another Admin (Jc8136) and I would like to let you know about that. You can check his user talk page but I copy my first message here:
My name is Roger and I work at Pension Alamar in Barcelona. I write you this message to request if we can be included again in the list of Hostals and Pensions located in Ciutat Vella.
We were listed on Wikitravel in the main page of Barcelona since January 2007, and then changed into the section Sleep of Ciutat Vella since September 2007 and we were very glad to appear on the guide.
On last 24th February an Admin changed the order of the subsections: Hostels, Hotels, and Hostals and Pensions, and our pension was deleted may be for a mistake making the changes of the order, as we were listed after the title.
If is possible, we will be glad to appear again on the list of the accommodations located in Ciutat Vella. Thank you very much for your attention.
- Hi Roger! Yeah, it was me who deleted your listing, by mistake, sorry. But then, your listing wasn't compliant with the WT policies and subject to deletion anyway, now it's nice and useful.
- PS. I'm no Admin, just a user. Jjtk 10:16, 16 March 2012 (EDT)