Hello Howardvickers! Welcome to Wikitravel. Please take a sec to look at our copyleft and policies and guidelines, but feel free to plunge forward and edit some pages. Scanning the Manual of style, especially the article templates, can give you a good idea of how we like articles formatted. If you need help, check out Wikitravel:Help, and if you need some info not on there, post a message in the travellers' pub.
Thank you for contributing to Lyon and Guelph. -- Tom Holland (xltel) 11:54, 3 March 2006 (EST)
I noticed your message on Maj's talk page - please see Wikitravel:External links for a discussion of why there are no external links sections in articles. If you disagree with the policy feel free to discuss it on Wikitravel talk:External links. -- Ryan 15:04, 30 April 2006 (EDT)
- Hi again Howard! I answered you on my talk page, but just want to say again that I hope to see more contributions from you! It would be great if you were interested in becoming a docent for Kaliningrad. I bet if you take a look at the Wikitravel:Manual of style as well as some of the other articles on the site you could help make that guide a star! Majnoona 18:55, 30 April 2006 (EDT)
- Hi Majnoona - I've actually just signed up for being a docent for Nicaragua - I coppied the script at the bottom of the Nicaragua page, but I don't see how anyone knows I'm a docent. Is there a way? I've lived in a few places, so potentially I could do that for various cities/countries. Also, How do I contact people like you. I mean I was just about to ask someone else (Mark) a question and I can do the same I'm doing here, but there's probably a better place/method. Thanks, Howard 18:59, 30 April 2006 (EDT)
- Hi Majnoona - found solution to Docent problem - it shows on left side of page who docents are. Is this the right place to reply to you? Howard 19:15, 30 April 2006 (EDT)
- Hi Howard. Putting a message on my talk page usually works pretty well, if I'm online. However I'm about to go to bed, so it will be about 8 hours or so before that works again. -- Mark 19:10, 30 April 2006 (EDT)
- You can ask me any questions you have. I woke up about 2 1/2 hours ago so I'll probably be up for quite a while, unfortunately, since that will place me in an akward situation at work. Sapphire 21:35, 30 April 2006 (EDT)