Hello! Welcome to Wikitravel. Please take a sec to look at our copyleft and policies and guidelines, but feel free to plunge forward and edit some pages. You may find the tips for new contributors helpful, and scanning the Manual of style, especially the article templates, can give you a good idea of how we like articles formatted. If you need help, check out Wikitravel:Help, and if you need some info not on there, post a message in the travellers' pub.
Thanks for getting a start on Newport Beach. --Evan 01:39, 29 Jun 2004 (EDT)
Hi Goodralph! Please read Wikitravel:Cooperating with Wikipedia for an explaination of why you can't just copy stuff from Wikipedia into Wikitravel. I sure appreciate the attempts to help us though, but I'm guessing we'll have to get rid of it :-(. Please don't let this discourage you! Anything that you can contribute which you wrote yourself would sure be appreciated!
Also, we put hostel information under the sleep section of individual places to stay rather than writing an article for each chain, organization, or network of places to stay. See Wikitravel:What is an article. And again, I just want to say how much we appreciate the stuff you've done and please don't let this discourage you! Thanks again for your contributions! -- Colin 00:57, 7 Jul 2004 (EDT)
- Colin. Thanks for the info on relating with Wikipedia. didn't know that. Also I am a US resident, like you, but probably not as well travelled. Thus I only learned tonight what a hostel actually is. Thought I'd like to share it with Wikitravel, though I would agree with you that I overshared. Goodralph 01:12, 7 Jul 2004 (EDT)
- I'm not sure you overshared and I think we might actually need an article like this just for hostelling. It's not in the current guidelines though, so maybe some good discussion will occur on Wikitravel:Votes for deletion about this topic.
- Also, I'd just like to say HOLEY SMOKES! You've been prolific something fierce tonight. Very nice! -- Colin 03:43, 7 Jul 2004 (EDT)
- Thanks Colin. Appreciate the feedback. Goodralph 02:01, 8 Jul 2004 (EDT)
Hi, Goodralph. I just wanted to make sure you'd seen Wikitravel:Welcome, Wikipedians. You also may want to check out our manual of style. --Evan 01:46, 8 Jul 2004 (EDT)
- Evan- problem with an article? Goodralph 02:01, 8 Jul 2004 (EDT)
Welcome - the standard format for this is WikiPedia:xxx. (Note capital P) Keep on submitting! --Nzpcmad 04:44, 9 Jul 2004 (EDT)
- way to go fixing what I did. I wish the wikipedia link was more visible. it's kind of hidden as it is. Goodralph 06:02, 11 Jul 2004 (EDT)