I have not retired
I had very little time in the last weeks, because my girl-friend moves to Brasil on Sept, 16th. But I'll return ;-). Anyone in Munich for Octoberfest?
- Welcome back! -- Andrew Haggard (Sapphire) 11:42, 4 September 2006 (EDT)
Welcome to Wikitravel. Please take a sec to look at our copyleft and policies and guidelines, but feel free to plunge forward and edit some pages. Scanning the Manual of style, especially the article templates, can give you a good idea of how we like articles formatted. If you need help, check out Wikitravel:Help, and if you need some info not on there, post a message in the travellers' pub. -- Sapphire 07:45, 7 April 2006 (EDT)
I would also like to suggest if you have any images of Englischer Garten it would be appreciated if you could place that image in Munich/Schwabing. Also could you help place this list of discos on the Munich Main Page into the appopriate districts? Thanks! Sapphire 07:45, 7 April 2006 (EDT)
- Hello Sapphire! I have lots of pictures of Englischer Garten and other places in Munich and I will place them here as soon as I will find them ;-). And I will sort the discos and maybe add some comments... If You have "Munich" and the related articles on Your watchlist I would be very glad if You could have a look every time I change something and correct my mistakes. (Maybe a good way to improve my English :-))) ). --Flip666 08:03, 7 April 2006 (EDT)
- I'll keep an eye out, but it seems like you're doing a great job! Sapphire 08:39, 7 April 2006 (EDT)
Munich/Haidhausen is now an article. Please plunge forward. Sapphire 10:00, 7 April 2006 (EDT)
Bavarian this and that
Hi Flipp666! Greatt start with your contributions! I just wanted to maybe talk about the Bavarian food and Bavarian beer articles you've started or are starting. I really think they would be better of as part of the Bavaria guide rather than off on their own. If someone prints out the Bavaria guide to take on a trip, they'll miss out on all that great information! What do you think? Majnoona 15:43, 7 April 2006 (EDT)
- Hello Majnoona! Thanks for the compliments! I did not start Bavarian food (I personally do not think it is a useful article yet), I just added what was spontaneously on my mind. I started the Bavarian beer (for now, it should be "Munich Beer"), but only because I did not want to integrate it into the main article immediately (to have some sandbox). We should discuss this in the articles discussion page! --Flip666 16:42, 7 April 2006 (EDT)
- Just wanted to mention again that as an occasional visitor to Bavaria and an always big fan of food and beer, I appreciate your contributions and hope that the discussion doesn't put you off! Articles here are always a work-in-progress, so don't worry about getting started within guides, if that's your main reason for starting seperate articles. Majnoona 12:28, 8 April 2006 (EDT)
- Thank You, I just thought about it and maybe I am a bit too much in drinking beer because it is weekend and I am going to have some bottles of Augustiner in maybe an hour ;-). I'll continue the article on beer but maybe I should concentrate on more important things I can contribute to the Munich and Bavaria articles... --Flip666 12:34, 8 April 2006 (EDT)
You are reformatting all the external links!? Is there a policy how they should look like? Can't find it... --Flip666 20:43, 9 April 2006 (EDT)
- Yeah the policy can be found here Wikitravel:External_links. I forgot the name of section to look under, but the reason we try not to use links like this [[http://www.cnn.com|CNN]] is because when it is written like this the link shows up first and it is harder for some to understand what they are looking at (I believe this is for the users of PDA and printed versions). Instead, we use '''CNN''' [http://www.cnn.com], because it allows users to know the link is for CNN and then it shows the link if they decide to use it. That latter link is generally easier for people to use and more in style with Wikitravel style. Sapphire 20:52, 9 April 2006 (EDT)
Hi! I notice something about 10 minutes ago and I wanted to ask you to address this before anyone else notices it and deletes your images. Can you release all of the images you uploaded under CC-by-SA? That way with no one has to worry about the legal mumbo jumbo and we can use your images. Thanks! copyleft. Sapphire 23:16, 12 April 2006 (EDT)
- Hello! I was a bit confused because I thought I had to do this, but I looked at some other photos (e.g. the top photo on the Munich article) and did not see anything like that. Could you have a look at photos of the Bangkok article if that's ok? Thanks! --Flip666 15:05, 13 April 2006 (EDT)
- Looks great, however, you still need to release the following images under CC-BY-SA or both CC-BY-SA and GFDL, or another option is public domain. I'd recommend the second option. The first image is Image:OlympiabergFlip666.jpg and the second is Image:Poipet2SiamReap_Flip666.jpg
- Ok, thanks! --Flip666 08:22, 16 April 2006 (EDT)
Grüezi Philipp! Andrew aka Sapphire put the Bavarian beer section up for deletion because you didn't started to add much more new stuff. I think it's a great topic to expand but are you still interested to do it? They other option would be to bring in the Bavarian cuisine section. Please let us now what you would like to do? Jan 08:06, 6 June 2006
Just to let you know, but we've decided to allow strip clubs into our guides. Please see Wikitravel:Sex tourism policy.
On a side note, could you translate Wikitravel:Recent changes patrol to German for me? I need to explain the feature on DE on this page: de:Wikitravel:Überwachung der letzten Änderungen, but I can't recall how to construct some words, especially, verbs in the past tense. Thanks. -- Andrew H. (Sapphire) 15:12, 18 December 2006 (EST)
- Sorry, didn't noticed that. But my problem is another, see Talk:Munich/City_Center#Madam_Cabaret.
- I'll do the translation just now, no problem (I hope)! --Flip666 15:20, 18 December 2006 (EST)
- I'm not going to revert your edit, but if they reinsert the listing it may be best for you to give a better description of the place. -- Andrew H. (Sapphire) 15:32, 18 December 2006 (EST)
- I do not know the place so I cannot give a better description. --Flip666 15:46, 18 December 2006 (EST)
Hey, happy birthday! I'm a couple weeks behind you, how does it feel? ::: Cacahuate 21:20, 8 February 2007 (EST)
- Well, it feels just the same as a headache!? I felt not to good after my first night in the 30ies... But maybe I should blame the Bavarian beer for it and not my age ;-). --Flip666 18:28, 11 February 2007 (EST)
Hi, thank you for your message. Well, from my experience this time, I think that Sana'a and its suburb right now are quite safe. During my visit this time, I saw lots of western travelers (tour travelers, back packers etc.) everywhere in Sana'a. You can walk around the main street of Old City even in the night (as you can see on the pictures I took). The places where I visited this time are only Sanaa and Wadi Dahar (a small town located in the suburb of Sana'a, and is famous for "Rock Palace"), so the safety information I can give you is very much limited, I am afraid. If you plan to go to other places, please look into other sources. Have a nice trip! --Shoestring 06:05, 24 February 2007 (EST)
- Hi, ok, thanks! I am not yet in the planning phase, but very interested. --Flip666 writeme! • 08:37, 25 February 2007 (EST) PS: And thanks for doing all the cleaning up after my uploads on shared: ;-).
How is this? It is from World66 and should be fully usable under CC-by-SA 1.0. Hope this helps, and if you need anything else let me know! --Peterfitzgerald Talk 00:48, 1 April 2007 (EDT)
Hey Flip, I just came across this nice Public Domain equirectangular projection map and thought it might be of use. --Peterfitzgerald Talk 15:47, 1 May 2007 (EDT)
- Cool, thanks! Ugly colors, but as it is PD I can change this without problems! --Flip666 writeme! • 03:53, 2 May 2007 (EDT)
Hallo! Regeln sind Regeln und so verstehe ich dass du das Template:quickbar im Artikel über Südtirol gelöscht hast, ich denke aber, dass Regeln für alle gültig sein müssen: z.B. sind auch Schottland, Wales und Nordirland keine unabhängigen Länder. Deine Handlungsweise könnte als gegen Südtirol interpretiert werden. Außerdem ist das Bild Image:Trentino-Alto Adige-Posizione.png nicht für Südtirol gültig, da es auch das Trentino enthält: Für Trentino-Südtirol schon, aber für Südtirol nicht. Ich habe dann einen Vorschlag: Wäre es möglich ein Quickbar-Template für Regionen schaffen? Ich meine, mit anderen Farben, anderen Infos, der regionalen Fahne, der Lage der Region im Staat, usw. Tschüß. Strudl 10:50, 15 May 2007 (EDT)
- We should talk in English here so other people can follow the discussion. Yes, you are right, if we delete the quickbar from South Tyrol we should remove it on the other articles, too. But maybe my removal was a bit overhasty because I personally think quickbars are a good thing, even in articles. What bothers me is the location map, because it looks like the one from an independent country. Maybe we should just remove this map. --Flip666 writeme! • 11:10, 15 May 2007 (EDT)
Thank you. For the map I have an idea: I prepaired a map which is the same of Image:LocationItaly.png modified with a red point on South Tyrol - everyone can understand where South Tyrol is in Italy and Europe. If you think it's OK I can upload it. Bye. Strudl 11:39, 15 May 2007 (EDT)
P.S.: the name would be LocationSouthTyrolInItaly or something like that.
- That sounds perfect to me! Thanks.
- Something else: You know the German language version of Wikitravel? The article on de:Südtirol is still very poor. We could use every help... --Flip666 writeme! • 12:40, 15 May 2007 (EDT)
Hi! I'll see to do something on the German article:) But actually I've two problems: 1. I've problems in order to substitute the image on shared - 2. the isIN template South Tyrol on Bolzano article doesn't work anymore... Do you know what I can do? Thanks. Bye. Strudl 18:36, 19 May 2007 (EDT)
Thank you for the help!
2old 11:07, 12 July 2007 (EDT)
- Pleasure ;-). --Flip666 writeme! • 18:00, 12 July 2007 (EDT)
You fought brave on de
You earn greatest respect for your work on de, no bad feelings from our side. We hope you will find a new home in the wikiworld. Der Reisende
- Thanks and good look to WikiVoyage! I am strained to see if you manage to become an international project. Maybe someday we'll work together... --Flip666 writeme! • 18:00, 12 July 2007 (EDT)
- We already have been working together and we are still doing. Not for the same project, but for the same ideas. Flip, let me tell you that I always have apprecciated your honest, straight forward and very fair way of managing WT/de during the last months. Thanks for the nice words to Wikivoyage. If there is need to become international, we will. If other language versions feel fine with WT, we will remain a pure German project, but this would be OK for us, too. -- Hansm 18:45, 12 July 2007 (EDT)
- Something interesting is going on here. What do you think about it? Der Reisende
- I already saw that discussion and I do not like the idea at all. I did not read the whole thing, but it seems clear to me that the community does not want it, too. So there is no need for me to participate in this discussion for the moment. I think IB will be very careful what to push through against the community, especially when they discover this discussion  ;-) . --Flip666 writeme! • 20:22, 17 July 2007 (EDT)
To be honest,exactly this type of discussion together with this type of behaviour made us go away. Be sure they will, sooner or later, push their idea through.-- Der Reisende
Hiya, thanks for your editing - is nice to know someone with more wikitravel knowledge/experience is helping to get my articles in order! lol I find it funny that you're correcting my grammar, but also very useful! :-). When you patrol an article what are you looking for? Is it just things like decency and coherency? Mit freundlichen Gruessen, Aaron