See also User talk:Evan/Archives
Old Town School of Folk Music
Since you are going through Chicago... this is a must. See the article for details. Check out the Wiggle-Worms CDs and books. -- Mark 00:32, 2 March 2006 (EST)
I'm very sorry for my comment. No offence was meant. I was under the impression from IRC conversations some time ago that this was the case. Thankyou for setting me straight. The_bellman 02:22, 2 March 2006 (EST)
- (For those of you following along at home, Robin is referring to a message I left on his Wikinews user page at http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/User_talk:The_bellman#Wikitravel_and_Wikipedia ).
- That's no problem; I just wanted to clear up a misconception that I found disconcerting. Wikitravellers work extremely hard to keep our guides copyright-clean, and to maintain friendly relations with Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects. --Evan 14:00, 2 March 2006 (EST)
Some problem on the French-Language Wikitravel
Hello Evan, it seems we have some problems in the Franch version since you updated Mediawiki.
- First, the link to the help pages on the left sidebar were linking to an empty page fr:Aide:Aide. I made a redirect to the proper page fr:Wikitravel:Aide.
- Then, there are problems with logging in: when we close my browser we have to log to Wikitravel back each time (if we don't we're considered as anonymous). I think that problem comes from the cookies.
I'll report you the others problem if we have some. Best regards. Julien 12:24, 5 March 2006 (EST)
- Thanks. First, the upstream value for the help page changed; I changed it to use Wikitravel:Aide instead. Second, the login problem was pernicious, but you're correct, it was a change in the name of the cookie (from "UserToken" to "Token"). I've updated the server so it should show you as logged in or not-logged-in depending on your status.
- Thanks for the bug reports, and let me know if there are any more. --Evan 13:06, 5 March 2006 (EST)
Testing new message indicator
testing new message indicator. --188.8.131.52 15:39, 5 March 2006 (EST)
I got your message! Majnoona 16:03, 5 March 2006 (EST)
Hi Evan. For a while now we've had an option to "Hide patrolled edits" in the recent changes, but as far as I can tell there is no way to mark an edit as patrolled. Is enabling that functionality something that is on your to-do list? Just curious. -- Ryan 19:00, 5 March 2006 (EST)
- Well... I dunno. It'd be a non-trivial of work, and I'd like to know why the feature isn't, as far as I know, enabled on Wikimedia sites. It sounds good, and it'd be nice to know that someone's checked over a particular edit. --Evan 20:28, 5 March 2006 (EST)
- The little throbber image next to the "my talk" link is very cool. Anyhow, I was mostly just curious about the patrolled edit thing -- it's been there for ages and it seems like it would be a good idea to allow logged-in users to mark edits as "good". I'm definitely not clamoring for it, but wouldn't complain were it to be implemented, either. -- Ryan 20:38, 5 March 2006 (EST)
So that's what the annoying blinking red ball is! Only problem is, I read my messages already, and it's still there... Jpatokal 22:04, 5 March 2006 (EST)
- Dang! It's supposed to clear when you read your own talk page. You're the first person to have a problem with it, but then again, I just enabled it for non-logged-in users. So, I've cleared it by hand for you, and I'll keep debugging on my side. --184.108.40.206 22:11, 5 March 2006 (EST)
One little thing...
Since the little person icon is to the left of the user's name, the little blinker should probably be to the left of the "my talk" link. Right now it makes it look like there's something up with your preferences. ;)
It's super cool that you got this working! Thanks for sorting through the rewrite stuff! -- Mark 04:51, 6 March 2006 (EST)
For some reason it doesn't work in Konqueror though. I don't know what it could be. Perhaps it's caching or something? -- Mark 04:55, 6 March 2006 (EST)
- What part doesn't work? Does the blinkenlight not appear, or does it not clear when you read your page? --Evan 20:19, 6 March 2006 (EST)
Sv: Wikitravel and MWI
We have some problems with the MWI function, and a suggestion for an improvement. Please check your swedish Talk page. BR Riggwelter 17:53, 6 March 2006 (EST)
Hi! I just got around to logging into Wikitravel for the first time in a couple of months and saw you signed? my user talk page with a request for something about Shediac (a great place to visit!). I would be happy to help out with a page about shediac, though I would definetly need some help with formatting and what not. Traslaen 02:17, 13 March 2006 (EST)
Whatever I do, I don't get the blinker. I tried it on both Firefox (1.5) and IE (6.0) I cannot think how my setup is different. It's a laptop, Win XP, wireless connection... --Ravikiran 06:59, 13 March 2006 (EST)
- Sounds like it is more of a system issue then with the browser. I would suggest you update the display driver for your system and see if that helps. --Tom Holland (xltel) 07:17, 13 March 2006 (EST)
- Evan, I think I've narrowed down the problem. (I should have heeded Tom's advice first.) It's because I have an underscore in my user name. It is working for my IP address, It is working for User:ravikiran2 whom I just created. It is not working for User:ravikiran_r2. The culprit is the underscore. The image is turning up on the server, but not displaying on my browser.
- I was thrown off-track by some Firefox sessionsaver weirdness which is why it took me time to narrow down the problem. --Ravikiran 16:34, 13 March 2006 (EST)
Hi evan! how are you?
My name is Leandro, from Buenos Aires, Argentina.
I've been collaborating in the Spanish wikipedia. Today
Today I discovered Wikitravel, this brother project, and the truth that has interested to me.
I would like to collaborate in the Spanish version.
I am going to translate the "Special Pages" from the English to Spanish. But, i have a question.. could you say me who are the administrators from the spanish weikitravel?
Thank you, have a nice day.
Loco085 00:44, 17 March 2006 (EST)
- You can find that information on es:Wikitravel:Especial:Listusers/sysop. Currently it's just me, although es:Usuario:Wikiluque is the go-between for the project. --Evan 08:50, 17 March 2006 (EST)
- Hi again!.. the page es:Wikitravel:Especial:Listusers/sysop does not exist, and the es:Usuario:Wikiluque has been absent for more than a month. What can i do? another sysop to talk?. Thank you ; ). Loco085 11:49, 17 March 2006 (EST)
There's no link to Shared even from the "Upload file" page -- please fix this! Jpatokal 05:33, 17 March 2006 (EST)