Yep, I noticed.
If I could ask a question: I noticed you consider Walt Disney World to be "tacky", "too crowded", and "overrated". I'm not trying to change your opinion, but I'm curious what you think of our article on the resort, and if any aspects highlighted there appeal to you.
I'm always working to improve that article, and one way to make our coverage of the place stand out would be to try to highlight some of the less-noticed features, things that people don't always think about when they think of Walt Disney World. So what sorts of vacation things do you like to do? Where do you go on vacation? What could we highlight in the WDW article that you might find a little appealing?
Thanks! -- LtPowers 08:48, 16 May 2009 (EDT)
- Hi! What I'll do is post this here and on your talk page. I'll also look through it while I write this so I don't miss any of my thoughts and whatnot on the topic.
- I'm actually doing the same for Portland (Or), as over the past while I have gotten an increased interest in the city, and will be going to it soon so that's good. I nominated it for DOTM cause I cleaned it up a bit and it seemed worthy. By the time it'd get DOTM I'd be able to upload pics so there will be more pics, and make a map perhaps.
- Oh and of course I'm doing it with Edmonton & Alberta.
- Anyhow, Walt Disney World. Before I get started I mind as well just say flat out the place doesn't attract me. It seems like more a place for little kids and families instead, and to me just looks tacky and overhype. I don't know, that's just how I feel - but then again I don't go and watch Disney princess on tele.
- One thing I do like though is the information really. I love how you give tributes to Walt Disney and fun facts. The Understand section is amazing.
- I didn't know there was a parade! Interesting. And one thing you might want to do is a climate graph like in Edmonton. They seem very strict on alcohol. In the food section I wouldn't be so quick to single out mcdonalds. maybe say there are some regular fast food chains but save the actual lists for high quality restaurants / vendors.
- For me? You ask? What kind of travelling do I like to do? I like going to cities. Particularily North American ones, although I would not mind Europe. I am a urban planning geek so that would explain that. WDW looks very very suburbanized and concentrated around the highway, which I hate. I am very antisuburbs, so thats another thing that bothers me about it. Maybe if they have transit going to it, that would be a good thing to highlight. I don't really like warm cities either. Miami, Los Angeles, Honolulu, Las Vegas, Abuquerque, Phoenix, and Tampa barely interest me. San Diego is an exception, as is Texas. I like northern cities, with 4 seasons, and seem to feel more "older" I guess, although the southern cities are also old just in a different way. Rustbelt, New England, East Coast, North midwestern, Pacific Northwest, and NoCal areas of the US I like. In Canada, almost anywhere interests me, as long as it's cities. Montréal, Fredricton, Thunder Bay, Toronto, etc. I like sort of former communist countries in Europe like Germany, Poland, and Russia just cause it would be interesting to see socialism instead of capitalism, although I'd never live in those places even though they are democratic now. I like the places that either had a big influence by English or the place influenced English. So Belgium, Germany, Holland, Denmark, and Sweden interest me. Scadinavia as a whole seems pretty cool. I'd rather go to New York than Yellowstone, or Sydney than Everest, or Tokyo over the Coral Reef, or Houston over WDW basically. I don't like suburban cities at all. Maybe if WDW has a more "urban sector", although I doubt it does that would be cool to highlight. Orlando as a whole seems very suburbanized. Nearby Tampa too. And Jacksonville. Nearest would be Miami I guess or Atlanta.
- Does that help? If not please let me know, or if you need more information or just a general comment please don't hesitate to reply. I'd actually like a reply, but ya don't haveto. Thankyou. edmontonenthusiast [ee] .T.A.L.K. 22:15, 16 May 2009 (EDT).
- Hey, thanks for your thoughts. No need to copy it in two places, I'll find it. =) You seem very well grounded in reality, so I can see that a fantastic place like Walt Disney World wouldn't appeal to you. Makes sense. LtPowers 09:10, 17 May 2009 (EDT)
- Alright. No problems about telling. Did you like any of my suggestions? BTW - I appreciate all the work youve put into WDW aside from me not liking it. It's a good article. edmontonenthusiast [ee] .T.A.L.K. 13:35, 17 May 2009 (EDT).
- Oh sure, I'm going to see what I can do. LtPowers 07:54, 18 May 2009 (EDT)