Here are archived discussions on my Talk Page.
Hi there, I must apologize first sorry I didn't see that section of the spam list advising against adding hotels so sorry about that. However I do appreciate that you don't want the entire page to become like trip adviser just advertising hotel after hotel, but if you look at the hotel in particular I was trying to add to the page it actually offered a cheaper rate of stay than any of the other ones available. So surely wouldn't you want to have the extremes of both ends of the scale. Showing the users what they can get with a large amount of money but also showing what can be bought with no money. As a budget traveler I always look for the cheapest option and the ones shown in the budget section are to costly for my budget, however I can stay at the yellow inn quite happily because of the rate they charge. And I just thought that other people travelling in a similar style to me would have appreciated having this information before they got to Kathmandu. Thank you for you time. —The preceding comment was added by Joejohnson36 (talk • contribs)
Unfortunately you reverted some good edits on the California page, commenting "Links to secundary sites are not allowed here, also no need to add all airline links in this article. If you have any questions, please let us know."
In my view, your reversion was in the face of our established policy, since we distinguish between primary links and SECONDARY links, but heck, what do I know, I've only been curating this site for seven years. 511.org is the OFFICIAL Metropolitan Transportation Commission website. See xl for our current policy! --W. Franke-mailtalk 09:03, 13 October 2013 (EDT)
- Welcome back W. Frank, looks like you have been busy again. Looking again at those links, you are probably right, I saw two links both with the name 511.org, I was probably wrong in considering those as secundary sources. However, the first one is already mentioned on the San_Francisco page, so I would remove this one again, to avoid the same links on several pages. The second link would be more suited on the Los_Angeles page, as it mainly covers the Los Angeles Metroplex. Listing all the airlines makes the article look cluttered with links, while those airlines can be easily found by the traveler, but I will just bring that up as a discussion point, in order not to upset anyone unnecessary. Have a great afternoon!Adzas (talk) 12:01, 13 October 2013 (EDT)
- I appreciate that with the amount of spam you are having to deal with you're bound to make a few slips. We do walk a tightrope with anon editors, though and the trick is to get them to register an account and to help fight spam. You've been kind enough to leave a message on the anon's user talk page, so it might be an idea to be ultra-conciliatory now and encourage them to register and continue to actively contribute. Your final arbiter should always be to consider what is helpful to the travelling reader, so it may often be entirely appropriate to have a link to an official public transport site on several different destination pages.
- If the hyperlinks are properly formatted as frontlinks they are less obtrusive - but I realise that correction of formatting requires more time and effort than just hitting the revert button. Keep warm! --W. Franke-mailtalk 12:51, 13 October 2013 (EDT)
Hi, you recently deleted Karachi/East Karachi and Malir because all the content was copy pasted from another wiki. Can you also delete Karachi/Central and West Karachi and Karachi/South Karachi since the content was copied from another wiki. thanks
- I want to interrupt. Another wiki has copied the entire articles from Wikitravel that i've contributed (referring to the main Karachi article). This way we will have to delete the entire articles from another wiki as well. I dont see this as any major issue as others will plunge these articles forward. Zoltrix
- It is important to try to verify when the original writing was done; if we can verify (by using another wiki's timestamped history, for example) that the contribution was made elsewhere first, and therefore was then copied to Wikitravel, we need to remove the Wikitravel info. If it is not possible to determine where the info was first written, we need to leave the Wikitravel part where it is until and unless we receive a notice to take it down from the copyright holder. Otherwise we run the risk of removing content that was in fact actually first written at Wikitravel and subsequently copied to another site. before removing anything from Wikitravel, please endeavor to make this thorough check. --IBobi (talk) 15:39, 15 October 2013 (EDT)
- From the timestamp in the article history it looks like Karachi/East Karachi and Malir was created first on the other wiki. Therefore, I will have to delete the page here. Zoltrix, I noticed that on Wikitravel we have 2 separate articles- East Karachi and Malir. Would you like to plunge forward and add your contributions there? We would greatly appreciate that. I know that you have already helped us a lot with Karachi article and it looks like you're an expert here. Warm regards, IBAlex (talk) 16:00, 15 October 2013 (EDT)
Hi Azdas You reverted my pages
Obviously I want to stay in the guidelines because the is a great resource. The Listings I put up are no different than this one http://wikitravel.org/en/Albufeira They just formatted their description different.
I read the guidelines and the business address is given.
These are for short term holidays the same as a hotel.
These are not permanent residence listings.
The one I don't see is the consensus. There isn't a difference with resorts that offer villas and apartments or offering villas. If my description needs work I will certainly do it. Might we talk?
Thanks much, and actually thanks for looking out for me on my first day.
George —The preceding comment was added by Gheliason (talk • contribs)
- Thanks for your message George, and again welcome to Wikitravel! I can see your point, the formatting of the listings was ok, but in general we don´t add booking sites for apartment rentals, and if it is decided that a listing is ok to keep, then we don´t add the same listing to various pages, only to one page/article, of the place where the business has an actual office. For that reason yours were removed. Also, using Albufeira as the example, there are so many real estate agents there who are also renting out apartments and villas, we don´t want them all to list their business, Wikitravel would become a Yellow pages which we want to avoid. If you still feel your listing should be added, then please discuss on the Talk page first. I hope this clarifies your question. Don´t hesitate to contact me if anything else, we appreciate your time and efforts and hope to see valuable travel information from you here on Wikitravel! Kind regards, Astrid Adzas (talk) 11:16, 24 October 2013 (EDT)
- Hi again, And thanks again. I can see why you thought I was spamming you now. I wasn't thinking about what I was doing and thought they were separate articles, not the same. My bad on that one. Yes, I would like the listing but only one location for each site. One in Algarve and the other in Costa del Sol. All the villas are locally owned and maintained. Another thing that may be a resource for you if you are interested. In Algarve there is a group called "Playocean." Its businesses from each town in the Golden Triangle. http://www.playocean.net/en/portugal/beachesThey would really be a great resource to your article. If you want to know what to do in Algarve, these are the tourist businesses. We joined in with them but haven't had time to be active yet. They have their community through facebook pages and support each other alot. If you want I can contact them. Let me know "how" you would want them listed. I honestly want to promote the local businesses. They are very kind people.I can also write about some of the less known venues, activities etc. The area has a lot to offer. Best regards, George —The preceding comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs)
- Hello George, thanks again for your feedback as well. Don´t worry, I was not thinking that you were spamming, just the links did not meet our policies and guidelines. Having looked at the links again, I still believe they are not meeting our listing requirements. The Golden Triangle site also offers Real Estate for sale, and the Azure Holidays link covers different countries and does not have physical offices in those places, which is a requirement for a listing. To reach consensus about this subject (as you say you do want those listings) will have to go via the talk page of the articles (talk page) so others can add their input, not just me. With regards to the Playocean site, this is seen as a secondary source, which we also don´t add to our articles. We prefer that all the information can be found on Wikitravel itself, so we would like to ask you to share your knowledge and write the information in the actual articles, instead of adding links. I hope this makes sense. Again, any questions, please let us know. Adzas (talk) 17:59, 24 October 2013 (EDT)
Jodhpur entry reversions
You replied to my additions on the Jodhpur page with "I did have to revert the listing you added for an online shop".
I checked the history for the entry.
Well, I did not make that entry myself.
Apparently, either my new user account has been compromised right from the start, as I createrd it through my hotels' wifi connection or someone is inserting stuff right into a connection.
Unfortunately, I could not find a way to access WikiTravel through a secure connection (https?)
Would that be available?
- I just added a response on your talk page. Thanks! Adzas (talk) 07:18, 1 November 2013 (EDT)
Deletions Alledaagse Waanzin
Dear Azdas, Thank you for commenting on your deletion of my addings to certain articles. I can see what you mean with "same listing" and the same links. I will make a change to that for the next time I will post the addings to the same articles. I would like to have Oceanwide Expeditions added to these articles. These are articles that do not mention external cruise travel or articles that only mention the ships from Oceanwide. And even more to those articles that mention one operator as the only one available or articles that give a bad reputation towards cruise companies, while other travel opportunities are being praised. The reason for adding Oceanwide Expeditions is that it takes companies like Oceanwide Expeditions to have people visit these destinations. So can you tell me how a good listing looks like? So I won't be reverted again. Best regards, Alledaagse Waanzin. —The preceding comment was added by Alledaagse Waanzin (talk • contribs)
- Hello Alledaagse Waanzin, thank you for your message. Your original listing itself was ok, we decided to leave it on the Antarctica page as the information could benefit the traveler. But Wikitravel is not meant to be an advertising portal, so adding the same company name or information or link to various articles, that is just against our policy so it would be reverted again should you re-ad. As you have so much experience in that area, we rather have you write about the actual destinations, and find other sources to promote outside Wikitravel. I would also like to invite you to contribute on the dutch wikitravel site (obviously the same rules apply there) but the Antarctica article there Antarctica could use some more expert information. Thanks again for your efforts, we are looking forward to your contributions. Kind regards, Adzas (talk) 06:38, 24 November 2013 (EST)
- Dear Azdas, I understand what you mean with the multiple listings. However I do feel it will make a difference to have Oceanwide Expeditions listed next to the other operators for the Ross Sea destination. Oceanwide Expeditions is one of the 3 IAATO member operators who makes landings at the ross sea and provides "as the only one" helicopter voyages across the Ross Sea departing from the ship. Since I saw the mishappening with the content from my post for the Ross Sea, I will make this accurate. Please let me know if it still possible to have Oceanwide Expeditions listed for the Ross Sea.
Mae Sai commercial link vs. discussion of general minibus options
Hello, I don't understand your revert of my improvements to the Mae Sai page. You put back a commercial link, removing my more general discussion of Minibuses. Please advise. --jeffmcneill (talk) 23:24, 29 November 2013 (EST)
- Thanks for the clarification Adzas, I thought it was something like that. Appreciate your kind response. --jeffmcneill (talk) 22:13, 30 November 2013 (EST)
Newly created (Spam) pages - where to report?
Hello there, sorry to bother you. I noticed these two pages <http://wikitravel.org/en/Special:Contributions/AntjeDesailly> which are spam, but I am unsure where to report them to be deleted? Thank you for your help. I looked around Wikitravel but couldn't find where to report such things. Thanks again. --jeffmcneill (talk) 03:29, 1 December 2013 (EST)
- Hey Jeff! Thank you for your question! Spam pages are being deleted "on the go" by our admins and usually don't stay longer than few hours on the website. We have about 10 active admins who patrol the site regularly during different time zones. If you see that some spam pages stay on the Wikitravel longer, please add them to our Vfd page. Me and other admins are watching this page and we would certainly take immediate steps to delete the spammy pages. Thanks a lot for caring! We appreciate your presence here. Warm regards, IBAlex (talk) 19:23, 2 December 2013 (EST)
Yogyakarta entry reversion
Dear Adzas, thank you for your comment. You are absolutely right about what you are saying. I will try to integrate it wisely within the Indonesia article. Warm regards, Clemens MY (talk) 17:37, 7 December 2013 (MYT)
Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai in 3 Days
I've put an explanation in the discussion page for:
I was deleting my own entry that was infact text that was largely duplicated under the revised layout but was not properly logged in so it appeared as an anonymous update. —The preceding comment was added by Snoop-dawg (talk • contribs)
- Thanks for your message! Do you know that area very well? The article does not really meet Wikitravel criteria, so if you want to help to move the information to the Northern_Thailand article that would be great. We appreciate your efforts! Kind regards, Adzas (talk) 07:39, 31 December 2013 (EST)
Unaccompanied minor in Russia
Hope it is better now. I come from Wikipedia and I am new to this site. I do not understand yet how the correctness of article is checked and maintained without citations to sources. 220.127.116.11 04:40, 7 January 2014 (EST)
- Thanks for checking and re-adding your information. We greatly appreciate your contributions so if any further questions, don´t hesitate to ask. Kind regards, Adzas (talk) 04:52, 7 January 2014 (EST)
HELLO Adzas,, I still don't know how to write a normal message/email to you and would like that you help me with that! Please..!—The preceding comment was added by Blackduck (talk • contribs)
Since you are probably very busy fighting spam and you recently edited that template, you may like to be made aware that I left a comment on its discussion page... --18.104.22.168 18:19, 16 February 2014 (EST)