Hello! Welcome to Wikitravel.
To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page. Is this a user name that you would like to keep or you would prefer to change it? Thanks!
If you need help, check out Wikitravel:Help, or post a message in the travellers' pub. -- IBAlex 12:55, 21 January 2013 (EST)
- Thanks for the welcome.
- I'll keep the User name if I may. It's suitably nondescript and anonymous don't you think?
- I registered because it was taking me 20 and more attempts to pass your fiendish captcha test. It's almost like you only want spambots and spammers to edit... --118dot93dot73dot30 04:22, 22 January 2013 (EST)
- Sure! you can keep the name, it's absolutely fine. I just thought you might wanted to change it to something shorter:)
- Yes, it's definitely a better idea to be registered as the captcha test might be sometimes frustrating. Plus, having an account gives you several benefits. if you need any help, let me know. Warm regards, IBAlex 17:37, 22 January 2013 (EST)
Thank you for a quick reaction to this post . I appreciate this a lot. Warm regards, IBAlex 15:59, 7 February 2013 (EST)
I note that you are enagaged in some form of edit war with a number of people. Please could you stop these disruptive edits, including your insisence on the erroneous use of apostrophes such as "It has it's own free Wi-Fi" and "lasagna and pizza's"
- Please remember to sign your posts. Your contribution history shows that you might want to consider creating your own account on Wikitravel because it will provide various benefits:
- easier communication with other writers about your edits and travel tips via your very own User Talk Page
- choose to turn off advertising or Orbitz (in your Account Settings)
- credit for your travel writing and edits, which will all be attributed to you rather than just an IP address
- your contributions will become more trusted as you become familiar to other Wikitravellers as a frequent editor with a history they can check
- Although you are correct with the two examples you cite, your own edit (and those credited to the other IP) introduced many more errors - as any third party can verify if they carefully study the diffs. Rather than labelling edits or editors, I suggest that you click on the blue links in my edit summaries to learn about WT's various policies and resort to the discussion page of the article to discuss any reversions you wish to make in future to see if a consensus can be obtained. --118dot93dot73dot30 02:56, 14 February 2013 (EST)
- Agreed just stop making stupid edits and follow policy please. 126.96.36.199 01:56, 14 February 2013 (EST)
- Are you referring to this edit: http://wikitravel.org/wiki/en/index.php?title=Don_Det&diff=prev&oldid=1993889 please? --118dot93dot73dot30 02:56, 14 February 2013 (EST)
Please allow me to make any edits I see fit to my own talk page. It is a bug. I still see new message banners wherever I go on this site, even once looking at my talk page. which policy says I cant delete it? 188.8.131.52 02:52, 18 February 2013 (EST)
- I must correct you. It is not "your" talk page. It is the talk page for communicating with any user of that particular IP address, either now or in the future. I have suggested before that you should register an account and that is what you now need to do if you wish a talk page that is individual to yourself. I have given you further advice on the page in question and you should either correspond with me there or, far better, register an account. --118dot93dot73dot30 04:03, 20 February 2013 (EST)
I am assuming your edits to this page are your original content writing, yes? If so, kudos. Nice work.--IBobi 16:06, 12 March 2013 (EDT)