I'm Ryan, and I travel to cold places when I can afford to do so - I've been fortunate enough to nearly bankrupt myself by making three visits to Alaska and three trips to the Antarctic. Occasionally I'm found on roadtrips in the United States living in the back of a Subaru, and in moments of temporary insanity I may also lead groups of friends to the Galapagos Islands to swim with sharks and whales.
When not traveling my home is in Culver City (near Los Angeles). Other places where I've slept in the same room for extended periods of time have included the Bay Area, Cleveland, Nashua (NH), and to a lesser extent Phoenix, Singapore, and Kuala Lumpur.
Photos, travel logs, contact information and other nonsense can be found at mountaininterval.org. I'm also responsible for jamwiki.org and attempt to maintain an up-to-date backup of Wikitravel content at jamguides.com.
- Bots for pages without isIn, status, disamb w/ no disambiguation page, pages that currently trigger the blacklist, listings without http in the URL, etc.
- Image cleanup. A second pass of all images is currently finished with uploads through March 2005.
- Play around with some new UI concepts - User:Wrh2/Sandbox.
- Go through the existing Special:Categories and finish cleaning that up.
- Start getting the LA regional structure in place. Mapping LA should be a hugely useful resource for this task.
- Wikitravel:Business listings reliability Expedition
My first contributions to Wikitravel. Looking at edits made prior to reading every single guideline and policy makes for a humbling reminder of why it is important to be patient with new contributors who don't fully "get" how Wikitravel works :)